Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Just call me Madam President

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

The current band president is stepping down as he no longer has a kid in band next year.  No one else volunteered, and I was asked to take the position.

Ugh.

I wanted to avoid being a band officer, because the band teacher and I don't get along (I've written posts about her before) - and I know I'll come off as a 'know-it-all' even if I try not to due to my own background of 13 years of teaching band.

*sigh*

But no one else is stepping up, so I guess, I'm the prez.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I could see how that would be awkward., but you'll do a great job!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM
You are such a good school parent. congratulations , Madame President. the kids are lucky and the band director will be a little more nervous with you at the helm.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM
That's an interesting perspective :). Keep her on her toes, lol :)

Quoting calsmom62: You are such a good school parent. congratulations , Madame President. the kids are lucky and the band director will be a little more nervous with you at the helm.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I'm sure it will be great for the kids. If the teacher did her job then she wouldn't have to worry about who the band president is.

I just want to add that I'm jealous. I have no idea how you work full-time and have the time for this on top and everything else.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Good luck!!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Yes, maybe it WILL keep her a little more alert and aware of what she's doing....hopefully!

Good luck to you, Madame President, and congratulations! good luck

Quoting the3Rs: That's an interesting perspective :). Keep her on her toes, lol :)
Quoting calsmom62: You are such a good school parent. congratulations , Madame President. the kids are lucky and the band director will be a little more nervous with you at the helm.

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Sound like you will be a great asset for the kids.
2salernos
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Oh ya that will be feel awkward. Good luck. Why would she ask you of you two dinner what don't get along? Maybe she is just intimidated by you. ;)
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Actually, someone else nominated me, and I was the only one nominated.  No one else volunteered either, so...

Quoting 2salernos: Oh ya that will be feel awkward. Good luck. Why would she ask you of you two dinner what don't get along? Maybe she is just intimidated by you. ;)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I'm a little worried about that myself.  We'll see how it goes :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm sure it will be great for the kids. If the teacher did her job then she wouldn't have to worry about who the band president is.

I just want to add that I'm jealous. I have no idea how you work full-time and have the time for this on top and everything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN