Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh*

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Got the call today for ODD's "meet the teacher" thing for kindergarten.  Same day as her allergist appointment, which takes about six months to make.  So I have to call tomorrow after DH's EEG and before I (hopefully) pick up my van, to reschedule.  I also have to run info by DFS tomorrow about my changed income (once again), and decide if I am going to be able to work at all tomorrow.  At least I am earning a decent amount at my friend's tax office, kind of wish it was full time-I like working there, and she could use the help-this is her first time running a business, and the previous owner has been causing problems for her on top of her being the only tax preparer there during the day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
i always wonder why things come in bunches ... murphys law I guess. hope everything falls into place for you!
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM

My mom is a frequent quoter of Murphy's Law.  She also says bad things come in threes, and will say she is "waiting for the other shoe to drop" if two bad things happen lol.  

Quoting calsmom62: i always wonder why things come in bunches ... murphys law I guess. hope everything falls into place for you!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck getting everything squeezed in and sorted out!

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
lol. i think your mom is right esp about the coming in threes.

Quoting preacherskid:

My mom is a frequent quoter of Murphy's Law.  She also says bad things come in threes, and will say she is "waiting for the other shoe to drop" if two bad things happen lol.  

Quoting calsmom62: i always wonder why things come in bunches ... murphys law I guess. hope everything falls into place for you!

dawncs
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I hate when scheduling conflicts happen! However, I know your DD would be disappointed that the other students met her teacher before, and she did not. Good luck in getting a faster appointment in rescheduling!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Lots going on, just remember to breathe! Is the kindy thing actually meeting the teacher she will have or just a general orientation sort of thing? around here, they don't assign teachers until like 2 days before school starts. but DH just went to an orientation meeting this week where all the teachers were there, but no kids were allowed so I didn't get to go. Good luck at the allergist tho, obviously more important! Your job sounds great too, hopefully you can find a way to make it full-time!

deccaf
by Group Admin on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I hope it all works out!

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I think it is more an orientation, though she could meet the teacher she will have.  Small school district lol.  I forgot to call the school today, had to stay up with DH all night for his EEG this morning and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon :P

I would love for this job to go full time, they pay well enough that we could stay in this area and not need to be on state assistance, and I know her husband (who put up the funds to buy the business) would like to see the actual accounting and bookkeeping parts of the business expand so that the business supports itself year round and the tax time income is a "bonus".  

Got DFS taken care of (I expect a drop in something, just because they do that lol, no biggie, we always manage).  No word on my van yet :(. 

Quoting Marz31:

Lots going on, just remember to breathe! Is the kindy thing actually meeting the teacher she will have or just a general orientation sort of thing? around here, they don't assign teachers until like 2 days before school starts. but DH just went to an orientation meeting this week where all the teachers were there, but no kids were allowed so I didn't get to go. Good luck at the allergist tho, obviously more important! Your job sounds great too, hopefully you can find a way to make it full-time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)