Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

help please

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

my grandson is 2 years old and still not talking.  he is smart and everything else he does is pretty normal.  any adivce on how to help him or is this just normal for a boy who just turned 2, i would like to hear stories.  he currently has a speech therapsit helping him.

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmarinewife1
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a doctor for childen but sounds like y'all are doing the right thing. Speech therapy helps tons. Try playing games at home that involve communication.
CLEKate
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Not saying anything?  Or not telling you stories? 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Just keep talking and reading to him, along with his speech therapy. My 4 yo finally got caught up to average with his speech this year. At two, he had had difficulty expressing himself, and also when he did, none of is could figure out what he was actually saying. If he has no other delays, try not to worry too much at this age. J
paknari
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM
The biggest thing you have to do is not give him things unless he uses his words. Don't guess before he is finished or when he points or uses other hand signals. Also you se to be doing great with the speech therapy and everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM

My DS is 3.5 and doesn't talk much either. He's been in speech therapy for the past year. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get him into speech but it's slowly making a difference. At 3 he started PPCD through the school. He goes to school 4 hours a day and I have started noticing a difference recently. Some kids are just not very talkative and I've come to the conclusion that Jackson is just that way. I figure he'll blow me away one day and throw a full sentence out lol.

ROXGRACE
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it

ROXGRACE
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, they are so much appreciated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN