Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Well, that was unexpected!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

DH showed me a text from my youngest step daughter.  She is the one in Japan.  It said she was going to get me something for mother's day since she now realizes how much I've done to help her.  She also said she is just going to post on her mom's wall on Facebook. 

A couple of things about this:

1.  I think her mom should get something before I do.  I appreciate the thought, but her mom is her mom. 

2.  DH said "See, I told you they would come around, it just takes time."  Um, it's been 15 years.  That's a LOT of time!

3. I wish he hadn't showed it to me and I could be surprised.

So, all in all, unexpected, but nice.  And I can't tell her I would rather she get something for her mom over me because I'm not supposed to know about it.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You seem to such a kind and compassionate person! Hard to take compliments at times, but I bet you deserve them!

But now your DH needs to work on his secret keeping, lol!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM

He is HORRIBLE at keeping a secret.  When he has a gift for me, he gets all pissy since he can't tell me.  So I know he has somehting for me.  Then he ends up giving it to me early, anyway!

Quoting Marti123: You seem to such a kind and compassionate person! Hard to take compliments at times, but I bet you deserve them! But now your DH needs to work on his secret keeping, lol!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Awww...that is sweet.  If only your DH kept it all a secret!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM

It's nice that she's getting you something. Too bad DH couldn't keep it a secret from you. It took me moving out and living on my own to appreciate everything that my stepmom did for me. I absolutely hated her when I lived at home because I thought she was an evil witch.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM

It is nice for stepkids to show appreciation to stepmom. My oldest SS started sending me Mother's Day cards when he was still in high school, and the last couple of years he's even sent flowers to me at work. So nice, and you deserve it. It sounds like you've done a lot for your stepdaughters. :)

dawncs
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Even with him being horrible at keeping secrets, it was a huge breakthrough with one of his girls meaning your youngest step daughter. It means a huge breakthrough altogether in the family even if it took 15 years.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes blood doesnt matter when it comes to showing appreciation. Just take the gesture as it was intended. :) And teenagers dont usually appreciate much and it sounds like you were there through mostly teenage years so of course it took 15 years :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN