Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I think I'm selfish

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  • 13 Replies
I work as I mentioned before and my SO stays he with the kids. Well he has been getting up with them and taking them to school because he drives and he has been for the past 3.5 months .

Sat and sun I'm up at 6am at work by 630,
Mon-wed I am at work till 10pm than I need time to unwind. The thing is it's messing with my sleep patterns and all I wanna do in the mornings is sleep, I rarely get up with the kids unless I have arrands to do, I just am always tired.

This is causing fights between my SO and I, he is sick of always getting up with them and I don't blame him , but everytime i say as I'm going to bed I'll get them ready tommorow it never happens, I feel horrible... I feel so selfish
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaskMummy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM
I've tried adjusting my sleep schedule and sleeping more or less nothing helps!
4girlsmum
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM

It is selfish IMO, you can get up for them, you choose not to.

SaskMummy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I agree, I'm just exhausted everyday and I've been to a doctor who is no help at all!

I'm about at my wits end.

Quoting 4girlsmum:

It is selfish IMO, you can get up for them, you choose not to.

aimesnyc
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Maybe a little selfish, but you do need your rest.  Sleep is important, and I'm sure your system is wacked out from your schedule.  I get up with my son pretty much every day and get him ready for daycare.  Sure, it sucks sometimes as my hubby sleeps in an extra 30 minutes, but it's part of being a parent.  *shrug*  Meaning, your husband needs to realize that what he is doing is part of his job as a parent.  Maybe you can help out by getting things ready the night before so that it is easier for them in the morning?

SaskMummy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I was thinking this , I'm ganna try tommorow getting up at 7 with them and hopefully train myself, idk why I'm so tired all the time though

Quoting aimesnyc:

Maybe a little selfish, but you do need your rest.  Sleep is important, and I'm sure your system is wacked out from your schedule.  I get up with my son pretty much every day and get him ready for daycare.  Sure, it sucks sometimes as my hubby sleeps in an extra 30 minutes, but it's part of being a parent.  *shrug*  Meaning, your husband needs to realize that what he is doing is part of his job as a parent.  Maybe you can help out by getting things ready the night before so that it is easier for them in the morning?

aimesnyc
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Make sure you take care of yourself - a tired mom is not a happy one! lol  But seriously, If your roles were reversed there would be no doubt that you would wake up with the kids and get them ready - no questions asked.  It's part of being a team.  I hope you figure out why you are so tired.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Quoting SaskMummy: I was thinking this , I'm ganna try tommorow getting up at 7 with them and hopefully train myself, idk why I'm so tired all the time though
Quoting aimesnyc:

SaskMummy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I hope not either I've started a multi vitamin

Quoting aimesnyc:

Make sure you take care of yourself - a tired mom is not a happy one! lol  But seriously, If your roles were reversed there would be no doubt that you would wake up with the kids and get them ready - no questions asked.  It's part of being a team.  I hope you figure out why you are so tired.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Quoting SaskMummy: I was thinking this , I'm ganna try tommorow getting up at 7 with them and hopefully train myself, idk why I'm so tired all the time though

Quoting aimesnyc:

dawncs
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Have you thought of checking your thyroid level? It can create these kinds of problems with sleep.

SaskMummy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I was diagnosed with a thyroid issue few years back and apprently there was one my dr had me on pills, now my new family dr checked my levels twice and says I have no thyroid issue, I'm half temped to get my old doctor to issue my thyroid meds since I felt amazing on them.

Quoting dawncs:

Have you thought of checking your thyroid level? It can create these kinds of problems with sleep.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Be careful, taking thyroid medication when not needed can cause problems, although, yes you will have more energy.

I know that I just have to make myself get out of bed. I am always tired, always. Once I get up & going, I feel more energy.

I advise you find a morning routine on these days and just complete it much like you would your job!

Also are you suffering from depression? Sadness, apathy? These are other common problems that zap our energy and can be addressed to make us feel more rested!

Hope you find something that works for you.

Quoting SaskMummy: I was diagnosed with a thyroid issue few years back and apprently there was one my dr had me on pills, now my new family dr checked my levels twice and says I have no thyroid issue, I'm half temped to get my old doctor to issue my thyroid meds since I felt amazing on them.

Quoting dawncs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN