Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

My rant

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I can't rant on my FB because my boss (which happens to be my Mom) hates when I mention anything negative that's going on in our business. So, I'm doing it here. LOL

We have a fairly new driver, she only knows certain areas and only works certain days for so many hours. She's lived here on and off but collectively for only a few years. But, my Mom knows her and we needed the extra help because I can't split myself up to be here at the shop and out on deliveries 3-4 days a week. But what isn't very helpful is that I have to step by step tell her where to go and where what it. Like today. She has a route going a certain way, ok, you need to stop at the bank so here is where a bank would be so that you aren't having to go out of your way. She can't grasp what I'm telling her so she's getting all snobby with me and telling me that she isn't going certain ways and doesn't know what I'm talking about. o_O Really!? For one, she lived in apartments in the area of where I'm telling her and for two, I'm the office manager and right now being the only other person working you need to listen to me and do as I say, it's crazy around here with people being on their spring break so traffic is crazy. Why go out of your way to do something when the way that I'm telling you is what you should do seeing as you're going to pass by it anyway!?!? I told her that I could pull the address up and print the directions out for her, which she does every day for every delivery on every route, it would just take me a moment. Nope. She rather do everything her own way. 

Ugh. Ok. Rant over. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I could see how that would be annoying!

JeremysMom
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Does she have a gps? That might be better than having to print out directions for her.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM
We have a GPS and also an iPhone for driver.. she rather have the directions/map... I'm about to deduct the cost of paper/ink from her pay with all the printing she does.

Quoting JeremysMom:

Does she have a gps? That might be better than having to print out directions for her.

JeremysMom
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:27 PM

You can't legally do that. Does she drive her own vehicle or is there a company car that she drives? If she drives her own vehicle and y'all reimburse her for mileage, I would let her know that you have you have printed off the directions and the directions say that it covers 25 miles and you won't reimburse her for more than that (or maybe 10% more than that just to make sure you are reimbursing her fairly. If she drives a company vehicle and it should only take 2 hours to go to these places and she spends 3 1/2 hours then give her a warning that she is taking too long on the routes and you will write her up if it continues to happen. 

Quoting Garnet_Iris11: We have a GPS and also an iPhone for driver.. she rather have the directions/map... I'm about to deduct the cost of paper/ink from her pay with all the printing she does.
Quoting JeremysMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN