Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Least favorite time of year......

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
Tax time, finally got together all of our documents, *sigh* I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the bill!!

Have all of you guys filed yours? Usually this group is all done with taxes by now!
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

We are finished. This year we ended up owing the Feds, and getting money back from the state. The amount we got back from the state paid what we owed the Fed, as well as what we paid our accountant. Pretty much a wash this year. Everything is done and filed, I am just waiting til next week to mail my check to the IRS.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM
we havent yet. long gone are the days of refunds. now we like to hang onto our $ as long as possible lol.
JeremysMom
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:43 PM

We have already filed ours for 2013 but I just got a lovely letter from the IRS based on our 2011 taxes. My accountant was suppose to take care of this issue 5 months ago and apparently he didn't. I am not too happy with him right now and he is not returning my calls. 

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:41 PM

We filed ours as soon as I got all my info, mid February.  Having a friend who owns a tax office helped.  She has had to stop making appointments, and only have clients drop forms off.  Today there were about 150 returns still in progress (not filed).  I may have to go in extra and take off from the call center to get everything filed in time, since I am the one who has been submitting the returns after the info has been entered.  Someone called today wanting to reschedule for "another weekend"-the office manager had to actually explain that this is the last weekend before the 15th.  Oy. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I submitted my taxes the second the IRS allowed it.  Got my refund back in February and spent it all (on bills) already.  :)

Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan either (I'm an accountant, but not tax, altho our year end at work is 3/31 so I still get a nice (huh) deadline at that time too! among other varrious reports due also at that time). But yeah, gathering everything and entering it all, not fun when you have to pay. I need to file ours still, we owe quite a bit, which irks me even more. I already adjusted my W2, DH never adjusted his from 0, from before we had DD. I'm at 2. but thankfully no state return to file! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN