Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Love/Hate relationship with Holidays........

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am feeling the aftermath of egg dying, Easter outfit shopping, egg hiding, and family celebrating!!

Holidays are so joyous and precious with my children. Really almost magical, BUT then the chaos that ensues afterwards, the mess, the realization of the valuable loss of time that is usually dedicated to laundry, cleaning and such, and NOW like WAY behind with my life and keeping it in order, HAHA.

It's one of those pieces of motherhood, that no one could have prepared me for, the pure joy of the moment at the holiday or the pure terror that follows. 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:04 AM
The older I get, the more I hate holidays. All of the preparing and cleaning up after they are over does take up a lot of time.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I'm right there with you. I love seeing the joy on the kids faces and I love the togetherness but holidays can be so stressful.
Making sure I didn't forget anything, preparing everything, and then the dreaded cleanup.
Cjam
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I felt the same way this year.  I felt like all I wanted to do was lay in bed after it was all over.

ragdoll7777
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

tell me about it, our Christmas tree was up til almost February because I was too lazy to put all the ornaments away lol

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I am with you!  Every holiday is fun until it's time to get the kid to bed, while she is still wound up, trying to squeeze in all the little things that need done, plus do the regular stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN