Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

It's been a helluva day ...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

It all started when I over slept by 20 minutes, 20 flipping minutes!! Mornings are generally always chaotic with getting myself and DD dressed so we can get DF to work, then race home to continue getting ready and eat breakfast so I can have her to daycare by 9:15 and then myself to work. Last night we indulged and went out to eat for dinner and then hit WallyWorld. So we got home to late to get showers. So I did a quick shower with DD so that DF could get one if he needed to. Well, he had to be at work at 9am instead of 8am today so I figured what the heck, let him get himself up. Wrong!! He shut his alarm off that he has set, so here I am walking in the bedroom at 8:30 and he's still sleeping!!! What the frig man!! Get up!! I still had lunches to make, then he asks if I can make him some sandwiches while he did ... nothing!!! I was stressed already and just did it when I usually would have said screw it do it yourself. We get him to work and then I'm racing across town to get DD to school. Spoke with her teacher quick about the weeks events and out the door I went.

Today is Administrative Assistants Day.. so I have loads of flower deliveries to get out the door and as always last minute people calling in. Not to mention, my Mom is out of town until Friday morning and my designer has to leave by 1:30 for a doctors appointment. OK, just breathe, you'll get through the day, just breathe. Wrong!!! By 11 something my DD's school is calling me, which they had to wait on hold for nearly 20 minutes while I was with a customer, letting me know (A) DD fell some how coming down the slide and bit her lip pretty good and (B) she has NITS!!!!! What the freakity-frik!?!?! She's 3 and has never had to deal with nits, not even when she first started at the school and they had issues with them. Great!!! I don't get it though, did they just get on her today or something? I bathed and washed her hair this mornig, I put her hair up in braids yesterday, she hasn't been scratching her head. Argh. Now to get the hair crap to treat it and get her from school. I was told her entire group had it..  I get there and she is the only child in the front office. I signed all the necessary school forms and went to her room for her lunch box. Get there and they are checking one of the little girls... and no one said anything about any of the other children having nits. Seiously!?!? So no... the entire group doesn't have it. But whatever, I'm not mad, but just annoyed that they would tell me everyone has when they don't. Be straight with me, don't stretch the truth to make me feel better. Things like this happen a lot, especially with young children in daycare centers. 

I text DF letting him know and he is going mini bat poop crazy. Told him it happens, and it most likely will happen again at some point. I have the things to take care of it but I can't do anything about it until after I close the shop. I have to not only treat her hair, but her entire room, our bedroom, the living room, her carseat, the truck all her stuffed animals.... then repeat her hair treatment in 7-10 days. Now he's geeking out that he has nits because his head is itchy. Well der!! Of course it's itch, I just told you that our DD has nits. LOL Not too mention his hair is naturally oily, he's always sweaty and uses hair gel - so no - I highly doubt you have nits. Now me on the other hand, I very well may have nits as well in that DD and I are hip and hip 24/7 and I was prone to nits for years as a child. Just stinks because my hair is a bit thicker than DD's and it's all the way to my rear! Keeping my fingers crossed that when I dye my hair that that will kick them out. LOL 

So here I am silently having my own bat poop crazy moment. I can't go home and tend to my childs hair and everything else because I have a business to run. I can't close the shop and forward the phones to my cell phone "Good afternoon, thank you for calling ....... how may I help you today? Honey please, get on the potty so Mommy can comb your hair out. I'm sorry, how can I help you today?" LOL 

Oh, and did I mention I'm a newbie couponer and today is the last day for sales that I really need right now at a local grocery store ? LOL We were crazy busy all week and DF's schedule has been irregular for awhile so I couldn't do it before or after getting him form work. So I'm closing a bit early today, like 10 minutes, and racing to get DF from work and then running into the store real quick while they wait in the truck for me. What? My cats need kitty litter and I can get 4 big tubs for the price of 1!! LOL

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Wow! That was a crazy day!

Entertaining to read too!!!

I hope you hair is louse free. Our state does not require them to leave school with the problem anymore, because it is common.
missnannyshanny
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Sounds like quite a day! I'm a recovering couponaholic haha so I know the importance of a can't miss sale (I haven't bought toothpaste or shampoo in 3 years+).  Hopefully tomorrow will run a little smoother.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I havent been able to check myself.. DF cant seem to see anything.. but then again he freaked when he found a small lint ball in his hair LOL I have treated her hair and have been doing laundry.. the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. Thankfully what I bought also had spray for the house.

Tomorrow I am delivering since my two day a week driver is out sick.. fingers crossed she doesn't get sent home tomorrow because neither of us can take the time off.

Quoting Marti123: Wow! That was a crazy day!

Entertaining to read too!!!

I hope you hair is louse free. Our state does not require them to leave school with the problem anymore, because it is common.
Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
DF is annoyed with my couponing... but hey... I have toilstries to last us and enough to give to family and some of my pantry is set for a good long while with also giving to family. I've been trying for 3 months and finally got us off food stamps... I'm still learning... today was $122 and change and I only paid $42 and change.

Quoting missnannyshanny:

Sounds like quite a day! I'm a recovering couponaholic haha so I know the importance of a can't miss sale (I haven't bought toothpaste or shampoo in 3 years+).  Hopefully tomorrow will run a little smoother.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow! Chaos! sometimes it helps keep things in perspective. and sometimes it's just effing annoying! LOL glad you made it thru without too many scars or tears! and SCORE on the kitty litter!

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I finally made to bed at 1:30.. I don't even remember putting my head on the pillow. Today is better.. though we ran 30 minutes late. LOL School checked her and gave the all clear to go back to class. Found out two other children went home, but who knows who had it first. No biggie.

Quoting Marz31:

Oh wow! Chaos! sometimes it helps keep things in perspective. and sometimes it's just effing annoying! LOL glad you made it thru without too many scars or tears! and SCORE on the kitty litter!

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Yikes is all I can say !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN