Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Are you kidding me? Seriously?!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

As mentioned in a previous post, our vacation fund has needed to be repurposed to fix my DH's car that suddenly had a bunch of critical things wrong.

OK.  I came to terms with it even though I'm not very happy about it (obviously).

So, this morning at 5:20 he texts me from work with a lovely picture of the side of his car scraped up and his sideview mirror dangling on a string.  Apparently as he was merging onto the highway to go to work this morning, the car in front of him clipped an orange barrel and sent it flying into DH's car.  There was nowhere for him to move.

Of course the car who clipped the orange barrel kept right on driving, so it will be on our insurance to fix it - assuming there's any $$ left to pay after our large deductible.

While I'm grateful that it was minor I'm beginning to feel like the universe is out to get me.  It apparently just doesn't want me to have any kind of savings as it keeps finding *fun* ways to deplete it.

GRRRR.

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Sending you 4 leaf clovers and other lucky charms!! sometimes Murphy's law doesnt just pay you a visit, it pulls an RV on your lawn and Runs an extension cord
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Booooo, *thumbs down* for orange barrels. That stinks! Hope that's it for the year!!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:33 AM
That really stinks. I'm glad your dh wasn't hurt
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Yeah.  And after writing this, my son comes out of the bathroom having just finished his shower and said that the drain is busted.  Yup.  Completely busted.  *sigh*  DH knows how to fix it, but STILL.  This sucks.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Oh wow, that's just bad! 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Man, can you catch a break???? *fingers crossed*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN