Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What do you listen to on your commute?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Informal poll for a blog post I'm writing: how long is your commute? And what, if anything, do you listen to on your way in? Is it different from what you listen to in your way home?

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhiannonMare
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I have a 30 minute commute and I listen to the radio. It's the same one that I listen to on the way home. It's a station that prides itself in playing everything, and believe me, it does. You could be listening to Prince and then the next song is by Frank Sinatra, then the next one will be Garth Brooks. So it's very ecelectic.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I have a 35-55 minute commute depending on traffic, 2-3 days a week. I am in the medical filed and often listen to continuing education audio recordings on my way to work. One the way home I often listen to top 40 radio.

Currently I am very stressed and listening to a mindfulness Audio book called chaos to clarity.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I have a 20 - 30 minute commute. I listen to a local country morning show on the way to work. Most days I listen to the same station on the way home unless I throw in a cd.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM
20-30 minutes and usually Doctor Radio.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
no more than 15 mins. most days its too short to listen to much of anything. but sometimes I listen to my folk music cds or Matty in the morning , a local morning drive time shiw.
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I have a 45 ,in commute and I listen to Morning Edition and All Things Considered. Gets me my news dose for the day. 

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

twinplus2
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

My commute is 25-55 minutes each way depending on traffic. I listen to the radio (alternating between an am news station and a soft rock station). I also have satellite radio in the car so if the kids are with me radio disney is usually on.

Mssmb
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM

It depends on the mood that I am in.  Most of the time, I listen to talk radio or the news.  Once in a while, I pop in an audiobook or music CD into my CD player and listen.  I don't commute very far, though. 

ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Depends first half of my trip is in mil car. If weather is bad she will drive me into the city after the kids get to school so it's usually talk radio. If I'm on the train it's usually my iPod. In the summer i take an express bus so since there isn't any underground tunnels like on the train I can listen to my morning talk show on our local sports talk (I'm not a big sports girl
Just been listening to them since it was the classic rock station)

My commute can take 20 min or more depending on traffic or trains or both.
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM

When I'm taking the boys to school, the classical music station is on. Afterward, when it's just me on the way to work (a 45-50 minute commute), I usually listen to the alternative radio station, classic rock, Top 40, or public radio--really depends on my mood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN