Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Work frustrations

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

AT my place of employment, we have a lot of inexperienced managers. That is to say, not much management experience prior to working here. For some of them, this is the first management position they've had and they've been here a year or so. They are still new and learning. For others, they've been here over 5 years so should have the hang of it.

Can I just say they frustrate the crap out of me some days. Return my phone calls! Get me the info I asked for! Turn in your employee performance reviews! Maddening, especially at this time of year when some of them are already paid among the top in our industry (nationwide) and are getting twice the percent pay increase of everyone else. I'm thinking REALLY? They don't do this or this or this......but they're outperforming those who DO by TWICE?! (I know all this because I am the supervisor of the HR department and I do the payroll. This is not rumor-mill information. It's factual.)

UGH! Makes me want to win the lottery! ha!

Vent over.

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM

So frustrating! 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:38 AM

It is frustrating. And I know in my head that it doesn't do me any good to be frustrated or pissy about it, and that I need to just stop caring, and pay attention to my job and my department and not pay attention to these others. But dang! I don't know. Bad mood kind of a day I guess!

Quoting Marz31:

So frustrating! 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM

It's hard knowing what everyone in the company makes. It's near to impossible not to make judgements based on that knowledge, but even harder to keep that knowledge to yourself since it's obviously confidential. I hear rumors about certain people and departments who get more than their fair share while others of us get only the bare minimum time after time. and the politics, oh the politics! but yeah, it's best to just ignore it when there's nothing illegal about it. stupid, yes, but if it's not illegal, there's nothing you can do.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I can be upset about it and grumble to you guys but I have never, and I will never, discuss wages with anyone other than our CEO or our HR person. Period. People who do that drive me battier than all this other stuff.

Quoting Marz31:

It's hard knowing what everyone in the company makes. It's near to impossible not to make judgements based on that knowledge, but even harder to keep that knowledge to yourself since it's obviously confidential. I hear rumors about certain people and departments who get more than their fair share while others of us get only the bare minimum time after time. and the politics, oh the politics! but yeah, it's best to just ignore it when there's nothing illegal about it. stupid, yes, but if it's not illegal, there's nothing you can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)