Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Wishing i could stay at home with my son

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
I work full time and im having such a hard time with my son being in daycare. I spend all day thinking about him and how i can stay at home and still make money :( Any advice?
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

There are internet job posting websites devoted to hleping moms find a work at home job. However, I came across some parents that needed a babysitter still to care for their child while they still worked at home. I am a published author, and I can keep my own hours though. However, it is not easy to make money with my job.

Whoisld
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM

www.abillisnotanoption.com

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM
How old is your child? It gets better with time. I hate leaving my children too, but working outside the home is the best for our family. I work from home 2 days a week & my children still go to daycare, as I need to focus on doing a good job for my employer and my kids need more attention than me checking on them ever 15-30 minutes. They get that attention at daycare.

But I know some moms make it work. Good luck finding what works for your family.
MidwestMama55
by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Probably yes. If you want to be home with your son, it's really worth pursuing. So some questions. First - are you married and does your husband have a stable job? If so, you may be able to quit without the extra money if you are willing to make some MAJOR life changes. That's what I did. And it was totally worth it.

If you are a single mom with no other source of income, it's certainly harder but still probably doable. I have a friend in that situation, she opened a home based day care and now cares for other people's children in addition to her own. She loves it. Still probably have to make some major life changes.

Some ways we were able to save major money when I quit my job (and I earned 50% of our income):

- Sold my car and bought a cheaper used car, so no car payment (and cheaper insurance)
- Cancelled cell phone service for 3+years
- Cancelled satellite/cable TV
- Swore off eating out, starting clipping coupons and shopping deals
- Carpooled when I could so save on gas
- Learned how to cook meals from scratch - holy cow you can eat GOOD for so cheap!
- Was willing to sell our house and downsize to something smaller (we didn't have to do this in the end, but would have if we needed to save more money)

Those first 3 years were very tough, but then as time went by my husband made more money, I was able to take on part time work here and there, and eventually (more than 3 years! LOL) we got comfortable and were able to add the things back in we had cut previously. It can be done. It was the BEST decision we ever made.

Don't give up! Good luck! If those ideas don't fit your situation, write back! I'd love to help you come up with ideas on how to stay home with your son.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 1, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Can you get a night job opposite of your so? I agree with the above ideas and it does get better with age. DS1 is 4 and even though dh works from home, ds still goes for the social interaction and the schedule. DH can't work and take care of the kids effeciently.
daniavalentin
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Hope! I am currently working towards that goal of staying home with my son (in my case to homeschool him) with my own business from home. I could give you some information so you can decide if what I do would be something that you would be interested in and that can work with your family. Let me know... just send me a message here or you can go to my Facebook like page and leave a message there (I check it every hour so it is the best way to reach me) www.facebook.com/coachdania. Blessings!

CLEKate
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM

This can't be real. Are you giving free money?
No, we are not giving away free money. We are paying you in order to generate traffic to our website. We will get paid from our advertisers for the traffic we bring to them.

So FYI ladies, you go to this link below and she gets paid.  That's the point of a lot of these websites where you make free money----your paid to direct people to a website.

Quoting Lagreene: I have been using http://yourjobpay.com/?task=66453 to make Money for a week now and I have already made 225$ which is almost half of my goal of 575$! I know that is a random goal but it's our mortgage payment and I wanted to be ambitious with my goal! This site is absolutely free and they have never asked for my bank info, which I wouldn't give them even if they did! I am so happy I found this! Go to http://yourjobpay.com/?task=66453 and give it a try for yourself....the registration only takes 3 min and they give you a 25$ start up bonus!!! I'm a fan!!

bluelace777
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I want to stay home with my son too, and I've been using a lot of websites to earn money so I can pay off medical debt and build my savings so I can make it happen. Are there things in your budget that you can cut? Midwestmama gave great advice. I wish I could take it but most of it doesn't apply to me.

Cnell1018
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Mobile Photo

Hi I also have 2 kids. We needed more money so I signed up with Mary Kay. They train and everything. Also, 50% of whatever you sale is yours to do as you please. If you are interested in more info please message me. 9856889385 being I signed on for only $75 which you get a ton of starter products to start you off. You can also start for $75!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM
No advice, but good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN