Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Has anyone found anything that is really good helping manage their time?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is there anything out there that's worth spending money on to help with time management as a working mom?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Ive tried calebdars. daytimers etc. but i did find an app that allows me to program tasks with a timer.
missnannyshanny
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Is it specifically designed for moms?
M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM
I put everything I need to do on my google calendar and use my tasks to remind me of things I need to do and sometimes add a timed reminder. I also use my color note app (like a post it) to keep track of checklists and notes.

What specifically is your issue with managing your time?
greenmomma526
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM

you can always outsource and hire a virtual assistant to run some of your stuff for you! Visit my site- maybe i can help! 

www.thepricelcessva.com

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Time management for me is about Settimg priorities. There is no magic calendar I have found.

If you are Referring to organizing your life, I have not found the perfect "working outside the home mom" management calendar. But I use Microsoft Office for all work and personal appts. It syncs to my phone and IPad and work computer. Not perfect, but it's ok.

I need something that also syncs with my meal planning software and then has birthdays, events and task reminders, such as schedule dental appts, and haircuts, pedi visits. I do this manually--it would be nice to do reminders automatically.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
no. its called 30/30. from Binary hammer. you create tasks, assign it a time.
can make your day more manageable when you chunk it up.

Quoting missnannyshanny: Is it specifically designed for moms?
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:45 AM

I have alarms set as reminders--remind me to eat breakfast, to walk the dog, to start afternoon chores, to pick up the kids, to start dinner.  LOL

phiguru
by New Member on May. 6, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I started using the pomodoro technique at the office and now I use it at home as well.  I use it in conjunction with a free task management website, KanbanFlow.com, and it works great for me.

Spirit.heart
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I use Google Calendar because I can set reminders for anything. My husband and kids have accounts tied to it so they can add their activities and we all know who is doing what at what time.

And it's FREE.

Robin - Intuitive Mentor and Creator of Bridging the Psychic Gap

Babujai
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I love Outlook.  I wish I could figure out how to have it at home, too because it keeps me on point at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)