Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Work Balance

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
Im a mother of 4 girls, that include a set of twins. I also have 2 step kids ages 13 and 15. My girls age ranges from 9-13. My twins are the youngest. I work full time, and have to have a full time income. Been looking for new employment and would love to hear what other Moms do foremployment with good hours. Anyone work from home? o
by on May. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ragdoll7777
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Nope, I work office hours from 9-5, weekends off, those hours work for me because of after school care.

samanthashake
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I do! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Esepcially because the company I work for is so great! One of the best decisions I've ever made for my family.

samanthashake
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I do! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Esepcially because the company I work for is so great! One of the best decisions I've ever made for my family.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I'm not in a career to work from home.  I do get some work done at home but my job requires me to be here because I work with students (i'm a college advisor).  I work from 8 - 4:30pm, pick up the kids and we are usually off to some sporting practice or game. 

kandacer_6
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM
How did you find out about the job?

Quoting samanthashake:

kandacer_6
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM
How did you find out about the job?

Quoting samanthashake:

kandacer_6
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:49 PM
How did you hear about the job

Quoting samanthashake:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hi, I am the mother of 3, young ones, but I can only imagine how busy you stay when they get older. 

I am a nurse practitioner which has very inflexible long hours, but I was fortunate to get hired at a university, to teach graduate nursing students. Many classes are online and I can teach at home and although the hours are long, it is very flexible, for now. It was a fairly significant cut in pay though, I still do have to maintain a clinical practice at a minimum of one day a week, so that helps a bit. 

hope ou find something that works for you. 

samanthashake
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM

A friend of mine told me about it.

ablox
by Aisha on May. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Don't mean to pry but I have always wondered how do you become a college advisor?

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm not in a career to work from home.  I do get some work done at home but my job requires me to be here because I work with students (i'm a college advisor).  I work from 8 - 4:30pm, pick up the kids and we are usually off to some sporting practice or game. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)