Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How long?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

is your lunch break? Do you eat at work? Mine is between 30-45 minutes, they don't deduct my lunch time so I could take longer than 30 if needed. I eat at home because I live close by.

by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nomadbrat83
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Lunch break lol? What's that?
ragdoll7777
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Really? You don't take lunch?

Quoting nomadbrat83: Lunch break lol? What's that?

sweetieiv
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM
One hour. I dont get paid lunch break. I usually go home and bathe my baby, dress her, feed her, feed my son, and eat a sandwich. I live 5 mi utes away from work and I cook at night so I have enough time to just reheat during my lunch break.
ibelieveinpink
by on May. 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM
An hour... Sometimes I bring a lunch and sometimes I eat out. I love too far to go home. It's a 15 or 20 minute drive depending on traffic.
RhiannonMare
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I don't get a lunch break. I work in the ER, so my break consists of standing by the time clock or the computers in the treatment room, shoveling food down, on the alert for stat patients or being called to a cage when a patient pulls out its IVC.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM
We only get 30 minutes. There are plenty of fast food restaurants near my job. If I don't bring lunch, I grab a bite to eat in the neighborhood and eat in the conference room at work.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I dont take a formal lunch break. I eat at my desk.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I usually skip lunch. I am salary so breaks or lunch aren't mandatory.

ljmom24
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:05 AM
I'm suppose to get 2 15 min breaks and a 39 min lunch but I compline my 2 breaks so I can come in late and get the kids to school. My lunch isn't paid and they are pretty strict with it so can't go over or I get deducted plus others have to go after me and we need coverage. It's really exspensive to eat in the city so I bring a lunch and eat at my desk.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Since I telecommute there is no set lunch time. I usually run upstairs, grab lunch & bring it down to eat at my desk while I'm working.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN