Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

First mini-goal met! UPDATED in replies with PIC! UPDATES in RED = mini-goal #2 met!

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM
  • 17 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm moving slower than I would like, but I actually think not putting some kind of deadline on my weight loss goals is helping keep me motivated. As long as I continue to progress, I'm happy. I do have mini-goals to help have something within reach to shoot for.

I started at 172 pounds. First mini goal = lose 10 pounds (because it's a nice round number).

I am now 161 pounds - first goal DONE. :)

Next I want to get in the next 'bracket' (150's)  2 more pounds to go to meet that goal.  UPDATE - I'm 159 today (5/23) - second goal DONE :)

Then 4 more pounds after that to meet my 3rd goal of 10% of my original weight (17 pounds) then 3 more pounds for an even 20 pounds lost...you get the idea.

So far so good! I haven't changed pant size - UPDATE I can comfortably wear 1 size smaller, and can wear 2 sizes smaller with a little muffin top (which I couldn't even pull over my thighs before!), though my pants are a bit looser...and I have lost 10.5 inches - UPDATE 12.5 inches now (total body not just belly) so I'm feeling good!

by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
that is awesome!
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! Keep it up! :)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay you!!!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM
How rewarding, keep it up!
M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going a lot slower than I want to but I have lost 8 pound. People notice so that's cool. I just don't focus very well. If i did, I can probably lose more faster.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Also, I thought even though it's a different outfit, it still shows the difference in weight loss pretty well I think.

The orange shirt on the right is March 31, 2014.

The purple shirt on the left is May 10, 2014.

Those capri jeans in the picture on the left I haven't been able to pull over my thighs in at least 2 years.  Yay!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Thanks!  I definitely am.  Taking pics is motivating so I can see the difference - even though the BMI calculator says I'm still obese.  :(

Quoting Marti123: How rewarding, keep it up!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Looking good!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 11, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Way to go~ You look great!

Taking pictures was a huge motivator for me when I was losing weight. When I could see the progress being made in the photos it helped me stay on track.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN