Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Is a promotion

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is a promotion really a promotion without a raise?
by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Tough one. If your duties significantly increase but the money doesn't it's not really a promotion to me. On the other hand a bump in title regardless of pay makes you more marketable....
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I agree with 3rs.
JeremysMom
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I was called into my boss's office today and wanted to talk to me about a co-worker leaving. I thought he was going to offer me the job or at least encourage me to apply. Nope, she told me that I needed to get with the the co-worker that is leaving so that I can learn how to a certain job of hers until they are able to find someone else.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Lovely, more work, but not more money, sounds like a frugal business strategy from somebody! Hope you are ar least enjoying the challenge!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 10, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Yep. Im part of the management team now, but no official title change or raise. However we just went through layoffs so Im not sure if that plays in. However, I have given up my old responsibilities so no more work..just a different level. My old boss still signs my paychecks so Im not sure if hes playing politics to ensure I get a raise once possible. Hes a great boss in many ways and I wouldnt put it past him

Quoting Marti123: Lovely, more work, but not more money, sounds like a frugal business strategy from somebody! Hope you are ar least enjoying the challenge!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Duties changed. Responsibilitt increased. Totally different department and management role. No official title change. I report to a new boss but my old boss signs my checks. Everyone keeps saying congratz on the promotion ...

Quoting the3Rs: Tough one. If your duties significantly increase but the money doesn't it's not really a promotion to me. On the other hand a bump in title regardless of pay makes you more marketable....
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Yeah. To be honest that doesn't sound like a true promotion to me...though the fact that you're changing roles & increasing responsibilities does show that you're doing well.

Quoting Nighttiger: Duties changed. Responsibilitt increased. Totally different department and management role. No official title change. I report to a new boss but my old boss signs my checks. Everyone keeps saying congratz on the promotion ...

Quoting the3Rs: Tough one. If your duties significantly increase but the money doesn't it's not really a promotion to me. On the other hand a bump in title regardless of pay makes you more marketable....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN