Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Killing my career!!

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, not killing it, but my little MaeLena is hindering it for sure. She is my first bambino that has "reversed cycled" meaning she nurses all evening and all night long. Only takes bout 3-5 oz of milk during her 10 + hour day at daycare. I cannot do anything in the evenings as far as school and work goes, because she demands full attention...............but I'm enjoying it as much as I can. I know it's a short phase.

my teaching job is really applying pressure for me to obtain my doctorate and honestly, I just cannot imagine adding any responsibility right now, so I'll have to risk my employer being disappointed! Hopefully they will not let me go!

by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM
She loves her mommy time!!! O
Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 15, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Just keep saying "this too shall pass". Im still up every two hours at night with RJ and he turns 1 in 2 weeks. Right now its 1230 and Im sitting in the bathroom trying to help humidify a barking cough in a baby that just appeared 2 hours ago :(
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Gotta love croup! That is what started this was a really bad cough that kept her up all night. She learned immediately, "I can snuggle with mommy ALL night long if I just fuss when she leaves." And fuss, then squawk, then scream until mommy comes!

I am actually getting a lot of rest, because we go to sleep at like 9pm and co-sleep to 5 or 6. It's slightly interrupted, but nothing like my boys when I actually got up & out of bed.

Quoting Nighttiger: Just keep saying "this too shall pass". Im still up every two hours at night with RJ and he turns 1 in 2 weeks. Right now its 1230 and Im sitting in the bathroom trying to help humidify a barking cough in a baby that just appeared 2 hours ago :(
bluelace777
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I feel your pain.

I'm gone 11 hours a day, and my 5 month old usually drinks 1-3oz the whole time so I feed him several times before bed. We cosleep, and he's usually nursing every 2 hours. It's very overwhelming at times, but it helps when I tell myself that it won't be forever.

I hope your employer is understanding.

DawnPratt23
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Baby time is such a short period and is worth it imo. You can always get your doctorates later, this may last only a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

This.  Maybe you can sit down with your employer and set a time goal, say four months or something to give you time to settle into a more manageable routine with baby before you go for your doctorate?

Quoting DawnPratt23: Baby time is such a short period and is worth it imo. You can always get your doctorates later, this may last only a few months.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN