Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Quiet Children

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

Are getting into things.  At least my three year old is.

That is my Mary Kay foundation artfully squiggled on the stool and floor.  One of my eye shadows is gone.  She coated her legs in A&D.  She peed on the floor, got the step stool wet then dropped my makeup bag in it.  When I came in she was squeezing toothpaste right into her mouth.  Days like this make me want to work, and make me VERY glad I am not having more.  I was considering taking them to a wedding of one of DH's former youth kids, but we will be staying home while he goes.  I don't want to see what she will do out in public, and there is not enough notice to find a sitter.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
busy,busy,busy girl !!! I remember being very nervous when I would have the sudden realuzation the boys were quiet as younger kids. now when they are quiet they are either gaming or sleeping.
CLEKate
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does she have access to all this stuff?  And medicine bottles right there too.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

She's a climber.  She also is unable to open medicine bottles-the only kid I know of that child proof caps actually work on.  I can't lock every single thing up, there simply isn't that much space in our house, so we teach them not to get into things.  That day she got bored, and escaped my sight for about five minutes.

Quoting CLEKate:

Why does she have access to all this stuff?  And medicine bottles right there too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, she's a quick one! Sorry for the mess, but no worries, it's just a phase!

PinkButterfly66
by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter never got into my makeup, but she would pull all the tissues out of the tissue box.  She would grab the box when I wasn't looking and scoot around behind the half wall between the living room and the foyer and pull them out one at a time, throw them up in the air and say "tissue" as it fell to the floor.  When she was 3, she threw cat litter in her fish tank.  Thankfully, the litter was fresh and I discovered the litter floating in the tank before it killed the fish.  I bought some silk leaves and put them in an empty baby wipe container so she could throw those up in the air instead of the tissues.

My mom always said that if your kids are quiet you better go see what they're doing, because it usually means they're into something they shouldn't be.

suroundedbyboys
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I can commiserate. I have the cutest picture of my son when he was 2 covered in glue holding a spool of thread. I was doing laundry and he tried to fix the loose end of thread.

Same child found the bottle of cornstarch baby powder in his room around age 2 and made it snow!

othermom
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Kids do get in to stuff

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, in my house, quiet is not a good thing!  Between my three year old, and my 3 dogs, quiet means BAD!

Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh no! Lil stinker! They are ABSOLUTELY up to something if they're quiet! 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol whenever ds is too quiet I check on him because it means he's probably up to no good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN