Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I'm over booked! summer can't get here fast enough!!!

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 3 Replies

I need 5 minutes to walloww. It happened overnight, literally! Someone quit unexpectedly at work so I picked up some hours this month, not a lot, just enough to make me miserable. I usually work 3 mornings a week, but currently I am working a full day T (7:30a-7p) and W and F 7:30-3, plus 7:30-2p on Saturdays.

Usually I work the same days, but get off 2 of the 3 days by 1, which 1-3:45 is my alone time to clean house, do laundry and prep dinner.

Now my Ds9 is in martial arts 3 nights a week (just started in January), Ds6 does gymnastics 1 night a week, DD2 gymnastics 1 day a week and both boys are in swim and scouts. Hubs and I are both scout leaders, I do all his meeting planning and my co-leader is quitting at the end of this month so I am taking over all of my den's planning too. We also got a puppy in March and I am the one doing obedience classes with him. Our 3 year old KitchenAid dishwasher died last week too.

I was fine until DS9 woke up with an ear ache this morning so my plans of laundry and cleaning are pushed aside for the doctor. Ds6 was home with pink eye 2 days last week.

Yes, I'm going crazy and having a pity party and counting down until summer when I drop down to just working Fridays and Saturdays for 2 3/4 months. Scouts takes a break and we have morning swim lessons. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the pile of dishes and laundry are blocking the light!

10 days... 10 more mornings of lunches to pack, hurrying to drop DD of at daycare and getting to work.

Okay I have it out, that was my pity party, now I must jump in the shower and move at lightening speed today! Have a great day if you made it to the end of my self wallowing

by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
othermom
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Hope that you can make it through the rush okay until your hours go back down

Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM

10 days is all? oh, you can TOTALLY make it! Hang in there. 

suroundedbyboys
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I realized talking to DH today that there are only 9 more days of school, not 10! 9 more days of school and 7 more work days until my summer schedule starts. I'll be fine as long as no one drops in to visit?!?!

Quoting Marz31:

10 days is all? oh, you can TOTALLY make it! Hang in there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)