Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

This Happened

Posted by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH got his preaching license today.  He is now able to marry and bury in the state of Missouri :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 26, 2014 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!
ablox
by Aisha on May. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!
dawncs
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to your husband!

MindPalace
by Member on May. 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I know that can take quite a bit of work. You must be so proud. : )

preacherskid
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Glad he finally got it.  He got his degree five and a half years ago, and has been a youth pastor for almost seven years, and just now got around to asking the church to license him with the state lol.  He isn't ordained, I don't know when or even if he wants to do that at this point (his health is erratic, making some requirements of full ordination difficult) but now he can perform weddings and funerals if asked.  The church voted to pass several of the steps usually required for licensing because he has been working for so long, and has his degree.

Quoting MindPalace:

MindPalace
by Member on May. 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Oh, that's awesome! Do you have any friends who'll call on ya now that he can be their officiant, eh? 

Quoting preacherskid:

Glad he finally got it.  He got his degree five and a half years ago, and has been a youth pastor for almost seven years, and just now got around to asking the church to license him with the state lol.  He isn't ordained, I don't know when or even if he wants to do that at this point (his health is erratic, making some requirements of full ordination difficult) but now he can perform weddings and funerals if asked.  The church voted to pass several of the steps usually required for licensing because he has been working for so long, and has his degree.

Quoting MindPalace:

preacherskid
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Not at the moment ;). He has already told people if they want him to do their wedding they have to go through pre marital counseling-he and I went through it with the pastor who did ours and his wife, and it helped us develop communication and conflict management skills, as well as establish expectations. Right now we don't know anyone that is really serious, but the pastor of the church said he may pass off some weddings/funerals if he isn't able to do them-until now he has been handling any that go through the church we attend.

Quoting MindPalace:

Oh, that's awesome! Do you have any friends who'll call on ya now that he can be their officiant, eh? 

Quoting preacherskid:

Quoting MindPalace:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)