Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

June Random Ramble

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 48 Replies

I tend to think of things that I need to get out of my head but aren't worth a separate post. Feel free to join in, read as you feel like, boost your rank etc! 

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

SO glad DD didn't have a fever this morning! Back to school for her!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Yesterday she stayed home but being as DH and I are both in accounting/finance, it's not the best timing. Thankfully I posted on FB About it and one of DD's old teachers who just happens to live 3 blocks away said she was welcome to come hang out with her, that she was getting over food poisoning and was home anyway! YAY! I got to go into work for about 4 hours, perfect to get a ton done!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:12 PM

My back is bugging me BIGTIME today :( I think it's doing improper form for some squats (Started a squat challenge on Sunday) did me in. found a different form that still keeps my legs and body right, but doesn't bother my back. now to do 75 today! I think 3 sets of 25 is in order! LOL

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I think my tired feelings from last week were me trying to fight something off. I was feverish all weekend (never really having much more than about 99.5) and I'm finally feeling better, not quite as tired. altho DH jokingly gave me the "30-day Nap Challenge" printout and I was boastful yesterday that I completed day 3! a 5 minute nap ;) I think tomorrow is a day of rest, har har! 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Ahh, DH is getting into a debate over the new Seattle $15 min wage plan (it won't be like tomorrow, but within 4 years or so, all businesses will have to abide by it) and we've discussed it at length and people don't seem to think it's going to have any bad outcomes. my wages won't be going up 60% in the next 4 years, so essentially, my wages will be reduced :\ (I live outside of Seattle, in the burbs).

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Shew, I have a ways to go before hitting gold! LOL

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Ahhh, the parade of chatters at the desk next to mine. she's my friend, but she just doesn't seem to be able to turn people away. mornings can be very unproductive! 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Hey! earn 75 points doing searches on bing rewards today! If you want a referral, I'll PM you my code. not going to spam, but I sure do love searching for free Amazon money!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Trying to figure out exactly how to tell my Usborne sponsor that I don't intend to help out at a Flower Farmers Market that's 9-6 EVERY Saturday this summer, and it's probably a good hour away, 60-90 minute setup and takedown too.....for probably like $25 in commissions. Truth is, our family has decided it's finally time to step it up and get to a better place health-wise. So that means hiking on the weekends (or going to the gym and working out and swimming). We also have a busy schedule with 3 weddings (we usually have NONE! LOL) and since we both work M-F, it's just hard to say "Yeah, I'll work 6a-8p on a Saturday" when it really doesn't benefit me all that much. I don't sell much, I love the books, enjoy being able to spread the word and maybe have a party once in a while, but it's just not going to be a career for me. 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

51 days until my girls weekend in the Great Smoky Mountains. 30+ moms from my expecting group that I met on another message board site 6.5 years ago when we all got our BFPs!! there are twice as many that aren't able to come, it's an amazing group of women, nearly 90 of us still together! Met a few over the years, excited to meet more :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN