Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Not feeling working today

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

SO not feeling like being at work today. I had a rather large cyst removed from my scalp yesterday afternoon. figured it would be similar (with obvious differences) to getting a root canal or something, I was very wrong. First they had issues and basically spent twice as long getting the wound all setup to heal (I won't go into detail) but I just didn't think about having to sleep basically sitting up and the pain is more than I expected too. :\ Just feel super tired, hard to really move without causing pain. I'm glad it's gone, it was quite large, stuck up about half an inch right on the top of my head. I think I did ok with my hair washing this morning but it's still got one little spot that's bleeding, according to DH. going to call the office in a bit and make sure things are going ok. wish I could lie down and take a nap!

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope you feel better soon and that you get to take a nap.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I am so sorry. Can you take a sick day?

I need to go visit some students at clinicals and procrastinating---I don't even have a good reason other than *shhhhhh* laziness, (don't tell my secret.)
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM

So sorry you had to do this!  Good luck getting through the day.  I hope your DH takes care of you and the kids when you get home!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone :) I made it thru the day. last night was DD's annual daycare pageant and preschool graduation (she was part of that!) so I didn't get much rest, but I feel like I slept better last night and I am not in as much pain this morning, so hopefully I can make it thru the day. altho DH has a work thing tonight, poor thing has to go to the baseball game, so it's just me and DD tonight, McD's will be doing the dinner catering! LOL now to just remember to use the gift card her grandma got her earlier this year that I keep forgetting about!

Oh and I could have taken yesterday, but the first day of a sick occurrance is vacation, so I didn't want to burn one knowing I wouldn't be needing to take 2. it's a messed up system, might be making some changes to that soon, we might have some other changes that would see fit to change that as well.

MindPalace
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Oh, man. My sister once had a cyst removed from her head and it was pretty easy to recover from. I'm sure those issues made it exponentially worse for ya. Just your luck. : / Hopefully you feel better today. 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Thanks, I absolutely do. no pain just sitting still like yesterday. altho I'm sure talking, smiling and laughing will cause a bit. I've heard both from the doc and all his assistants as well as others I've talked to that they're really common and sometimes they just go away. since mine was on the top of my head and visible to me and I was starting to hit it on things more often (like the new car when I got in and out) it was just time to go. I'd had it for 5 or 6 years tho, just got larger and larger. But yeah, just my luck that I have minor complications like that. I gotta say, hearing them pull out the staples, redo some of the underwork, cauterize and FEEL that for a split second before they gave me more numbing stuff, yeah, SO not pleasant! LOL but it's done! What's funny is, I had a cyst of my falopian tube removed 4 years ago and aside from almost immediate gas pains, I was up and about faster than they predicted, had the surgery on Thursday, was up and went to the farmers market on Saturday where I SAW my doc who was impressed with my recovery! but I'm so much better today, altho DH mentioned some of the staples had kind of bunched up, so I'm going to call and see if that's normal or if I need to come in and get it checked out.

Quoting MindPalace:

Oh, man. My sister once had a cyst removed from her head and it was pretty easy to recover from. I'm sure those issues made it exponentially worse for ya. Just your luck. : / Hopefully you feel better today. 

MindPalace
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Yeah, that was the case with my sister's cyst, too. She had it for years, but it mostly only bothered her when she brushed over it periodically. It just got a little too big to ignore. 

Complications really change that recovery time. That sounds positively horrible. The jarring alone can cause some fatigue. I'm glad today is better than yesterday. Hopefully the staples don't cause any extra problems for you!

Quoting Marz31:

Thanks, I absolutely do. no pain just sitting still like yesterday. altho I'm sure talking, smiling and laughing will cause a bit. I've heard both from the doc and all his assistants as well as others I've talked to that they're really common and sometimes they just go away. since mine was on the top of my head and visible to me and I was starting to hit it on things more often (like the new car when I got in and out) it was just time to go. I'd had it for 5 or 6 years tho, just got larger and larger. But yeah, just my luck that I have minor complications like that. I gotta say, hearing them pull out the staples, redo some of the underwork, cauterize and FEEL that for a split second before they gave me more numbing stuff, yeah, SO not pleasant! LOL but it's done! What's funny is, I had a cyst of my falopian tube removed 4 years ago and aside from almost immediate gas pains, I was up and about faster than they predicted, had the surgery on Thursday, was up and went to the farmers market on Saturday where I SAW my doc who was impressed with my recovery! but I'm so much better today, altho DH mentioned some of the staples had kind of bunched up, so I'm going to call and see if that's normal or if I need to come in and get it checked out.

Quoting MindPalace:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)