Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

One mistakes outweighs all of the good

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

There are times when it seems that 1 mistake can outweigh all of the good work at I do at the office.  I hate that feeling.    Yes, I know we are all human and subject to making mistakes, but why why why???   People at my office are so quick to point fingers, place blame and throw one another under the bus.   It is then hard to trust and not resent these coworkers.  

Vent over :-(

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM

aww, man, that is difficult, it's sad when co-workers are brutal.

Just brush your self off, focus on your task, doing your best, ignore their dwelling, don't make it your problem.

JessiFaye
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:29 PM

My boss has that mentality. It's hard to work in an environment with hardly any praise for the 99 things you do right, but instant crap when you do one thing wrong.

MindPalace
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM

It's very frustrating when your coworkers will through you under the bus to save their own ass so easily. Such a hostile work environment. : / 

mag12305cmg
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I understand that all too well. I was a good hard working employee. I made one mistake and that was all it took for them to terminate me. Now Im out of work and looking for a new job. Two years of hard work meant nothing, new boss came in a few weeks ago, never barely spoke to me, didn't even know anything about the struggles going in my life, didn't matter. Hoping I find something soon because I was denied unemployment. Thankful I have money in savings, but its only going to last a little while.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:15 PM
you were fired for performance and you were denied unemployment?? Must be an employer friendly state! everyone in MA seems to get UE even if they resign, no joke
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM
That's exactly what my new manager was like at my old job - and a driving force behind my decision to get a new job. Soooo much happier now. I'm not saying I expect constant praise but at the very least a manager needs to balance it out. To also have coworkers dwell on the negatives would be awful.

Quoting JessiFaye:

My boss has that mentality. It's hard to work in an environment with hardly any praise for the 99 things you do right, but instant crap when you do one thing wrong.

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi doll don't feel bad your work place is just like every other place. JUST STOP MISTAKES LOL ;)  Really do the best you can and keep your head up !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)