Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Me time

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
When was your last me time moment?

I am getting my first pedicure in 10 months before picking my tribe up from daycare! I cannot wait for the week-end with them. I have worked every Saturday for months and am off this Saturday! Planning on lots of fun!
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting more me time everyday.  My coaching season is over so I've been making attempts to exercise more so I go out for walks by myself or meet a friend.  I do consider that my "me time".  I also went shopping the other day to get a new dress, shoes, and make-up for Vegas (we are going in a couple of weeks). 

During school and sports season, my "me time" definitely looks different because I'm running around picking up and dropping off kids, if i'm not coaching them.  I do make appoint to hang out with other moms every once awhile so I feel like a woman....someone outside of mom and wife....and I also use the time after the kids and husband go to bed to watch my shows all by myself.  :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been getting a lot of me time recently since Jackson has been in TN since last Friday.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Not so much . with the house renovations cleaning is a giant chore consuming weekends, studying for my exam I took and passed last week, starting the next exam series, activities ramped up for summer for the kids and dh wants to spend all his free time with me. so unless i count studying as me time, i have zero.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
The only time I get Me time is when I take a day off from work when the boys are in school. I had one just
last month. Looking forward to my next one... in September. :-)
bluelace777
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM

About 7 months ago before baby. I don't see any me time in the foreseeable future either.

MindPalace
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM

well, i just got back from vacation, so i had a week of rest and relaxation. ok, so maybe not the whole week (my 3 year old still insisted 6 was the appropriate time to wake up every day), but there were moments of me time sprinkled throughout the week. ; )

typically, my me time is during my commute to and from work. veeeery glamourous. i do work out 3 - 4 times a week. adding that to my life made a huge difference.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I got my hair cut last night, does that count? DS went with me and watch tv in the waiting area while I was getting my hair cut.

That's pretty much it for me. I have the 5 miles between daycare and work that I get to myself.....Yep, that's about it!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM

My daily "Me Time" is in the morning before I get the kids up - I usually exercise and in the evening after the kids go to bed - I like to read.

The rest of my "Me Time" is EOW when the kids are with their Dad.  I will sometimes get a mani, a pedi or a massage.  I will also have lunch or dinner out & maybe some shopping with my Mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)