Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What is wrong with me???

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This morning my oldest 'baby' turned 15. I've been excited for his birthday as I always am for all 3 of my boys. I'm not one to get sad that they're growing up. Nostalgic maybe but never sad - always excited.

This morning he opened his gifts, is playing with his brothers, DH started working on breakfast, and WHAM! I started crying & can't seem to stop.

I'm in my room typing this now, trying to calm down, but WTHeck??? Why am I bawling over him getting older? This just isn't like me.

Anyway, happy 15th birthday baby boy..,the pics above were taken on his 1st & 15th birthdays.
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
(((hugs ))))) its normal! a child's growing up is to celebrated and mourned a bit too, by mom. What a nice looking young man!! Happy birthday!
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
He was so sweet - my 10 year old noticed me crying & went to get DS15. DS15 came & snuggled with me then said he's not going anywhere for a long time & then told me "I still have the other two", LOL. Cute to try to make me feel better.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Thanks.

I suppose it's normal, it was just so unexpected.

Quoting calsmom62: (((hugs ))))) its normal! a child's growing up is to celebrated and mourned a bit too, by mom. What a nice looking young man!! Happy birthday!
okeydokie
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Since becoming a mom, I cry over everything! I've learned to embrace it. At the end of the year awards at SD's school, They were announcing the seniors going on to college. I didn't know a single kid that was announced, But there I was bawling my eyes out. Lol
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Aww, so sweet!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:36 AM
It's hard seeing our babies grow up
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Awww -hugs- Happy birthday to him

Unchained_Woman
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Aw! Well, happy birthday to your DS!! Hang in there Momma. I have a friend from church who's oldest DD is already in college, but her youngest DD is leaving for college in a few weeks. She was a bit emotional with the first one, but this go round is way worse! I guess it's because they will somewhat be empty nesters at this point. I can't imagine what I will be like when my DS (who will be 11 this year) starts hitting milestones like Jr. High, High School, Graduation, etc. I'm probably going to be a hot mess ;)

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM

aww, it's hard to not get just a tad bit sentimental when birthday time comes around. I was super weepy when my son turned 5. it seemed like the mark of a whole new era and I couldn't help but feel a little sad to say goodbye, even if I do get excited about my kiddoes getting big. 

happy birthday!!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Thanks all.  I'm doing better :) Today was another big milestone as I took him to orientation for his first ever 'real' summer job.  He starts tomorrow.

Waaah!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)