Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I do not describe my week-end as relaxing........

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

Three people asked me so far, if I enjoyed and had a relaxing 3 day week-end, to which I always respond with a smile, "well, we had a 'great' weekend"  BUT really can a mother even relax with a 9 mon, 4yr, 6yr and a DH and a job outside the home? Is it e ven possible.

I love my family! I enjoy working outside the home! I find holiday week-ends to be full of fun! But I think it's going to be a couple more years before I get to "relax" or at least my definition of relaxing............

Did you have a relaxing week-end?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Um, yeah. Relaxing with 3 kids that young is probably not going to happen!

My weekend was relatively relaxing. We drove 3 hours to be with DH's family. SD15 and DS8 were the only kids who went, and they get along great! They played very well together. Went on bike rides, played cards.....good stuff.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM

not particularly! LOL and I only have one. but you can read more about it in the ramble, it was far from relaxing in certain parts. I felt like junk on Friday to boot, but that earned me a nap before going to the BBQ we went to. So glad DD wanted to watch fireworks from our 3rd floor front landing (you can see a LOT!) instead of going somewhere to watch and getting stuck in traffic and having an even LATER bedtime!

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM
What is relax?? Lol. Ijs...
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I actually did have a relaxing weekend. Its not too often that I can stay in with my boys all weekend long, but this weekend we did.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM
weather made our wknd a bit short, and sat and sun were about getting last minute things for camp then driving them and their buddies to camp but my week is kid free and very relaxing !!!!!!!
mandalyn74
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM

My weekends are rarely relaxing.  Most of the time they are busier than during the week because I need to use that 'free' time to get a ton of stuff done.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

It was for the most part. Sunday night was a bit busier since I was getting the house ready for the inlaws to come home lol

ablox
by Aisha on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I dont have relaxing weekends. I dont know what that is

Theresa1209
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Relaxing??? What does that mean?

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM

We went on a week-long road trip this past week, ending in San Fran for the 4th of July weekend. It was busy, fun, and memorable but certainly wasn't relaxing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN