Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Working, school, single

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I am a single mom to a 7year old. Am pregnant now and the bd left. So still single. I'm due in feb.

I have a full time job. I am a private violin teacher from the hrs of 2-6pm. I do admin work enrollments and answer parent questions during the day at home and get paid per working hour. I make enough to support myself and son and get cs from his dad. But I know that will not be the case with this baby.

I am enrolling in school to become a medical transcriptionist and billing and coding. It will be a work from home job with great pay and it will just be ontop of my current job.

The last time I was in school was hs 9 years ago. For any moms working and going to school online can you give me any advice? Places to go for help? Anything!? Lol.

Thank you in advanced!
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MindPalace
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

you have to make a daily schedule and stick to it. handling that much responsibility is all about time management. otherwise, you'll find yourself pulled in 3 directions with no time to get any of them done. 

good luck! i dropped out of school during my second pregnancy. since then, my husband has worked on completing his degree while i focus on raising the kiddoes and moving up in my job. when he's done, we'll make a switch. doing it alone is definitely harder. one step at a time! 

reinydawn
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I was a single mom of 2 boys (12 & 14 probably), worked fulltime and took almost a fulltime classload - mostly online.  That was over 10 years ago so not all classes were offered online for my accounting degree.  I was solely responsible for getting the boys to practices, checking on homework, feeding, all of it (dad lived a block away but only took care of things if they fell on his weekend - usually, sometimes I still had to do it all).  I pretty much did all my classwork at night and didn't get a whole lot of sleep.  After a few years of it, I still don't seem to get a lot of sleep, even though I'm not taking classes any more.  Definitely make a schedule and try to stick to it.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I can't juggle classes in now so no advice from me sadly. But it certainly can be done.
LalasMommy1125
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I worked a full time job and took finished my Master's online. I did that for two years and I started when dd was 1. It was definitely a challenge, however I made a plan and a schedule and I did not deviate. It was worth it for me and I am way better financially. You can do this, but you have to stay dedicated and push through even when it gets hards. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)