Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How many steps do you take a day?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
I stole my DH's vivofit pedometer thingamajig he got from work and LOVE IT!

It tracks my steps and miles every day. Super fun, I also move more and try to get 10000 steps per day!

Do any of you guys do this?
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM
No but I get an hour break and I work out during that time and I also walk my dog about 2 miles or we go swimming laps about 45 minutes.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No I don't but I should. I don't move near as much as I should. Considering asking my boss for one of those treadmill desks, lol  :)

DH has a pedometer from work. They are doing some walk around the globe competition or something. He logs over 2 miles just mowing the yard!

michiganmom116
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I should....it's about 100 steps to the bathroom, and a good 1/4 mile walk to the farthest storage barn and back.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Not sure. I'm stuck at a desk at work so I try to walk whenever I have to go outside the gate to smoke (no smoking on property) and go upstairs to sign in. I'm hoping to start walking more soon though

SparklyCoffee
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I have a fitbit.

I average about 15,000 steps a day. 

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:15 PM

this reminds me of the security officer from Orange Is The New Black. haha!

I have no idea how many steps I take a day. I do go to the gym three times a week, but I have a desk job that can leave me on my butt most all day.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I had a Striiv for a long time, it was so fun to have the challenges, but then I washed it again and decided to get a fitbit to clip to my bra instead. My current average since I got it is just over 3000 steps which is pathetic! but I'm not doing much to boost that, but  with a desk job, it's hard to really move a lot more. I hit the restroom a million times a day, I was in a good habit of doing a few hallway laps with each trip including flights of stairs, and I need to get back to that, boost my average to about 5000 without intentional exercise. I just don't see how I could get much more than that on a regular basis without intentional exercise at the gym. but more is more, right?

bluelace777
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM

No but I'd like to. I'm curious how many steps I take when th baby makes me rock him to sleep.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

FYI, there are free apps you can get for your smart phone if you're curious but don't want to get an actual unit. only problem with that for me is that at work, I leave my phone plugged in on my desk when I use the restroom and it's often in my purse which isn't as accurate, but I LOVE my Fitbit Zip!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I have a fitbit so I'm making myself get up and get going to reach 10,000 steps a day.  I have a desk job so it's really something I need to pay attention to.  My daily average for this week is just under 10,000 though because I had a couple of days where I was in meetings a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN