Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

in need of encouraging words

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
I go back to work Sunday and I'm a mess. Im extremely nervous for my husband to watch our son. No one has watched him but myself. Here's the kicker,, my in laws are coming into town today till Monday! How did you cope with going back to work on the first day?
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM

How old is your son? I was a complete wreck when I went back to work when DS was 6 weeks old. I swear I cried everyday for a week on my drive to work. It does get easier. Hopefully having your inlaws there will be more helpful for you.

beckyv1972
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JJ0714: I go back to work Sunday and I'm a mess. Im extremely nervous for my husband to watch our son. No one has watched him but myself. Here's the kicker,, my in laws are coming into town today till Monday! How did you cope with going back to work on the first day?

Hi, My DH is a stay at home daddy. Trust me the first day is going to be nerve racking, but you need to have confidence that he can handle it or your going to drive yourself and him insane. My DD is 6 mnths old and still alive and healthy with a great relationship with her daddy. Best of luck!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I was physically ill when I left my DS at daycare for the first time. It felt unnatural, like cutting off a limb that had grown on me for the past year. He's a smart, dynamic, social 6 yo now. I may have felt he needed mama, but he didn't! It was one of the first of a series of "good-bye" you will have as your child grows, *hugs* I promise he will be ok. You will survive! Time is the only thing that helps with the transition!
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Call every 2 hours just to check in.  The next day, call every 3 hours.  The next day, call every 4 hours.

First and foremost though..........you MUST trust your husband.  If you do not, there will be problems down the road.  As mothers, we tend to have some instincts that may be better toward taking care of a child than men (just from observations) but men are getting better in time with being a participant.  When I went back to work after my twins, my husband was home with them by himself for a couple of weeks before he went back to work (he was a teacher at the time).  I had to let go of the fact that I was the only one that can calm them down, feed them, etc.

Now, we are complete partners when it comes to that.  During the summer, he takes care of them since he is off my oldest is 11 and my twins are now 8.  I fully trust him

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Deal with it your husband will be fine chill out and just worry about work ;)

HotJerZMama
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I was a wreck for the first 2 weeks- crying, calling every hour lol looking back it's hilarious how crazy I must have looked lol. But it does get better. Usually it's harder on you than the kids. Call as much as you need to and then slowly wean yourself off of the calls. The good thing is your husband is watching the baby so I'm sure he loves your baby just as much as you do. So rest assured the baby is going to be perfectly fine and it will be nice that the baby gets some daddy bonding time. Just take a deep breath and trust your husband. You'll be ok :)
reinydawn
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I hope everything went ok!  I'm sure that was nerve-wracking, but it must have been a comfort knowing the inlaws would be around to help him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)