Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I have to make the decision to be OK with it before I can even mention it to DF (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

My Mom wants to take DD (3.5) on a trip soon ... just DD. It's a 3+ hour drive (my Mom is an OK driver, but I can count on both hands the amount of accidents that she's been in for as long as I can remember) both ways ... she wants to leave on a Saturday afternoon and return on a Tuesday evening. My Mom is going to visit with her BF, whom I have never met, and his grandchildren. (They dated in HS and recently reconnected.)  

I dont know how to feel about it. I have never been away from DD for more than maybe 24 hours and she has been within 20 minutes drive time from me. She doesn't like knew people, she is very clingy when she's nervous/scared and my Mom can not physically pick her up. Did I mention the drive is 3+ hours both ways and she'll be gone nearly 3 days? 

When she was talking about it and asking, she wasn't asking if I woud mind, she was asking if DF would mind. I looked at her and I was like "Really, I'm suppose to automatically be fine with it? I'll think it over and then talk to him." I wasn't nasty or anything about it, just making a general comment. She doesn't know when it is that she'll be going, or she just left that part out. I don't know.

So I'm going to think about it tonight and talk to him about it tomorrow I guess and see what he says. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluelace777
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM

If it were me I wouldn't allow it. That seems a little young still too.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM
If it were me, my child would not be going, end of story.
ablox
by Aisha on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM
If it was family I would let her go but not a bf trip
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I wouldn't be comfortable with either my own or my in-laws doing such a trip. far too many factors......even if they lived closer and knew my daughter better, I still just wouldn't want it to happen. DH doesn't understand as much, but I think he would side with me, would just have fun telling his mom it wasn't happening.

aj_mom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I wouldn't do it.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM

If it was to visit family it wouldn't be so bad but I wouldn't since she's taking your DD to go visit her BF.

heathermom4
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Hmmm I would let her its your mom. Didnt she raise you so clearly your DD would be fine she may even have a ton of fun.
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I personally would allow my parents to take dd anywhere, but you need to go with your gut.
nomadbrat83
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is.
Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I decided not to let her go and told my Mom today .. she didn't seem as upset with me as I thought that she would. I told her that I just wasn't comfortable and briefly went over my reasons. She asked if I would be willing to meet her BF when he comes down this weekemd, I told her that I would but that wouldn't change my mind about her going this time. 

Quoting bluelace777:

If it were me I wouldn't allow it. That seems a little young still too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN