Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He got a call back!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

Backstory:

My hubby has been in the media field his entire life.  His last media job (5 years ago) was as a producer making commercials.  Then, every producer in the that office was laid off due to the economy.  He's not one to sit around and collect an unemployment check, so he applied EVERYWHERE and a month later he had a job that was NOT in his field - it's grunt work, he's out in all kinds of harsh weather, and it's wreaked havoc on his body these last 5 years.  We never expected him to be there that long, but there simply was no other jobs out there.

Until now....

My hubby had a phone interview last week for a truly amazing job.  He would be running the local TV access station and be the producer for the local college's TV commercials, events, marketing, etc.  He was SO nervous, but it sounded like it went well.  They said he'd hear something this week and...he got called back for a 4 hour on campus interview!!!

It's next week Wednesday, but unfortunately he has to work, and next week is big in his current industry and no one has ever been allowed to take time off during it, so we're worried about how he'll get out of work to go, but one way or another he's NOT missing this interview.

Anyway, I am SO happy for him and SO excited for him!!  If he gets this it will be SUCH a blessing to his self-esteem and career satisfaction, and to our bank account, and to our overall family life (he'll actually have weekends off!)  So, if you can pretty, cross your fingers and toes, hold your thumbs, think good thoughts, or anything else you do for this week and especially Wednesday afternoon,  I'd appreciate it!  :)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Tell him congrats!
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Congratulations!!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM
That's so awesome! Good luck to him!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Congrats!!

ablox
by Aisha on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Tell him congrats!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Thinking positive thoughts!! good luck to your hubs!!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Congratulations! I work in media and I see how difficult it it sometimes so this is fantastic!

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM

YAY!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)