Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Trying to get fired

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
No not me a co worker but guess I'm just old fashion I don't get it. She is going back to school and doesn't want to work so wants to collect. So I have been laid off do to budget cuts in the past not fun but at least I still had a reference. I just don't get burning your bridges. Eventually you will finish school and need to find a job and even if it's in a new field they will ask for prior work references plus if it's on your resume they will call and while your old employer can't say anything bad the big guestion they ask if would you hire them back and 99% of the time when fired not laid off the answer is no!

Guess I'm bothered too by the attitude of wanting to get fired because we has lay offs 3 weeks ago and people who wanted to he here aren't because their jobs were eliminated and someone could have transitioned to your position
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a total loser. I believe in karma in these situation. That bad of a work ethic and dihonest as well, she won't ever get that far in life, imo.

My DH's company fights EVERY unemployment claim and they usually win, must be different with your company, i guess.

BEXi
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Well, lets hope shes not at an at-will state. I was laid off via text, had my employer emailing me an offer of severance and was STILL denied unemployment. Losers like her usually get to skate through life, so I am sure she will get what she wants.

ljmom24
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:28 AM
My company has a history of his approving claims. They have paid for people who were fired for harassing other employees, insubordination, stealing (food and office supplies) but our financials are different these days. We are non profit but how we make money is decided by gov't regulations and they just cut the fee we get in half.

But she was really stupid and was telling this to the bosses pet. Really like she isn't going to tell plus the supervisor isn't stupid. While we have a strict attendance policy it's also at managers and supervisors discretion. We had a guy who should have been fired years ago for attendance and attitude but they put up with it (many reasons) supervisor knows she plans in leaving in January so I'm guess they will just put up with it. They just eliminated the other department my manager oversees. 3 were left to wrap up things up. They have until march and by January they probably don't need 3 so I'm guessing they would offer 1 her position. If they fired her now because we took on most of the other teams accounts they would need to replace her and they can't run the other side with just 2 right now..

Quoting Marti123:

She sounds like a total loser. I believe in karma in these situation. That bad of a work ethic and dihonest as well, she won't ever get that far in life, imo.

My DH's company fights EVERY unemployment claim and they usually win, must be different with your company, i guess.

ljmom24
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:31 AM
They have a history of approving claims. They even pay out settlements for people who were at fault because they don't want to deal with law suites even if they probably would win. They usually offer less then they would pay in legal fees so they feel it's worth it to just make them go away.

In my state you can't collect unemployment if you are still receiving severance pay.

Quoting BEXi:

Well, lets hope shes not at an at-will state. I was laid off via text, had my employer emailing me an offer of severance and was STILL denied unemployment. Losers like her usually get to skate through life, so I am sure she will get what she wants.

BEXi
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I never received the severance lol.

Quoting ljmom24: They have a history of approving claims. They even pay out settlements for people who were at fault because they don't want to deal with law suites even if they probably would win. They usually offer less then they would pay in legal fees so they feel it's worth it to just make them go away.

In my state you can't collect unemployment if you are still receiving severance pay.

Quoting BEXi:

smac28
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Wow. wtf!

ljmom24
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:38 PM
She called out again today
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I see it a lot in my job. Losers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reinydawn
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM

If she quits she can't get unemployment, but if she'f fired she might.  It's very frustrating, I totally agree with you there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN