Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

$265 later...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
School supplies + new lunch bags & water bottles are bought for all 3 kids.

Still have about $300 in registration fees (for public school) to dole out.

Yee. Haw.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Wow, $300 in registration fees?! Geez! 

I bought the supply pack at the end of last school year. Now I get to reap the benefit of NOT dealing with supply shopping. I do need to take the little man on a clothes shopping spree. And I'm pretty sure his tennis shoes are literally falling apart. We still have a whole month til school starts, though.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

i feel your pain, I feel your pain. I was soooo excited to see a smaller daycare bill for August, then I realized with registrations fees, for school and Y-care, it's more than ever this month, Yee. Haw. is sooo right!!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM
we have 540 in bus fees, 225 for HS fall sports i dont think they need new backpacks and I buy ahead school supplies when I see them sale its my weakness
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I've never heard of being charged to register for public school.

I'm going to speng about $60 but that's because I got ds a $40 bookbag with the hopes that it won't get ripped. He went through 3 character bags last year.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Yeah. Honestly I complain about it every year, LOL. We've been in this school district going on 11 years & I still don't get how they can force us to pay reg. fees - but they do.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm going to speng about $60 but that's because I got ds a $40 bookbag with the hopes that it won't get ripped. He went through 3 character bags last year.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
It's crazy. I'm surprised they're allowed to do it

Quoting the3Rs: Yeah. Honestly I complain about it every year, LOL. We've been in this school district going on 11 years & I still don't get how they can force us to pay reg. fees - but they do.

Quoting cjsmom1:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
It's crazy. I'm surprised they're allowed to do it

Quoting the3Rs: Yeah. Honestly I complain about it every year, LOL. We've been in this school district going on 11 years & I still don't get how they can force us to pay reg. fees - but they do.

Quoting cjsmom1:

ljmom24
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:16 AM
We still have over a month before school but started tackling ods lengthy supply list so far in the hole $60 for 2 back packs and $20 for school supplies (only 1/4 done with his list and won't get yds until school starts) but not complaining this year. It's my first year with 2 kids in public school so only childcare will be yds after school and it's going to be reduced by more then half what I was paying going from over a$1000 a month to $300!!! Ods is on middle school so I only pay $75 a year for his after school and going from $30 a day to $15 for after school plus no private school tuition for yds!!!! Can you tell I'm excited for fall!! Although summer care already paid for. Meaning I haven't had a child care bill since may.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm registering DS for school. If I stay with my inlaws I'll register him at the school he was going to last year. Then I'll have to transfer him when we move into the house they're closing on the end of August (the day school starts) If we move back in with DH I'll have to register DS at the school over there as well as after school daycare. Sigh I hate not knowing what's going to happen

dawncs
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

The sports fee can pay off in the end because there are sports scholarships for Division 1 and Division 2 athletics at college. It will also show up on your high school transcript. I found out when I applied for a training program that I needed my high school transcript sent, and the interviewer mentioned me managing the boys's swim team in the course of it.

Quoting calsmom62: we have 540 in bus fees, 225 for HS fall sports i dont think they need new backpacks and I buy ahead school supplies when I see them sale its my weakness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN