Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Update** CRAZY phone call from a detective.............

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

My boss at the clinic where I work took a phone call from a HOMICIDE DETECTIVE looking FOR ME!!!! Apparently I cared for the suspect many years ago at my last practice and they found the documentation and want to talk to me. I am nervous, lol, I don't know why, but do not really want to call. I can't remember anything that long ago anyway!!!

So I called the detective, and in 2010 I cared for a patient who is charged with crime(s)s and he apparently told me details about the events which I dictated in my documentation. I am now waiting for the district attorney to call me, as they are requesting that I testify that he told me "....... " I "maybe* vaguely remember the patient. I guess I will have to review my note, maybe that will spur some more memories. I'd love to spill all the details, but I am sort of keeping it vague due to patient confidentiality and HIAPPA laws and such. I am unsure if I need to seek legal counsel about this issue or not. I think if they have my note, they have already subpoenaed  the information, I just have to verify to it's authencity to the jury/judge?? It's still a little stressful, lol.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Yikes! I would be a little freaked out, too. Surely they don't expect too much from you if you haven't kept in touch for years. 

ragdoll7777
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Yea, that's a bit creepy, let us know what he wants, now I'm curious lol.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM

WHAT?! I don't really know how people can be expected to remember things from years and years ago.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Oh wow, GOOD TIMES! Sheesh! 

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:59 PM

holy moly!  That would be so weird!  I wouldn't want to do that either.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Good luck ! maybe they are looking for identifying marks such as removed tattoos...Considering you see hundreds of patients I wouldnt worry about what you remember
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:17 AM

That's crazy! Good luck!

mama-mom-mommy
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Update for sure!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm....Easy for me since I sit here and no one wants me to testify about anything! :)

But, I don't know that you'd need legal counsel. If you put it in your note, then all you'd probably have to testify about is, Yes, that's my note. If it's in the patient's file, I'm sure that's what I dictated. I don't exactly remember all the details - it was 4 years ago!

I can't imagine they'd need much more out of you than that. But yeah, I'd probably be a little stressed about it too. When is the court date? Is there an end in sight for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)