Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Tuesday Tips

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ok Tuesdays are better than Mondays, not quite as good as Wednesdays, but for fun share a tip which makes your life a little bit easier as a working mom
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM
I have a solid supply of lunchbox snacks for everyday so I dont have to run to the store if we are suddenly called upon to bring snacks for sports/ scouts
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

cook in bulk so that i dont have to cook every day

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:02 AM
I used to be much better about cooking ahead but now dh does most of the cooking so we eat a lot of meat on the grill with sides

Quoting MixedCooke:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:02 AM
What are some of your go to bulk cooking meals?

Quoting MixedCooke:

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I've always wanted to try this, but DH does the cooking, and he never wanted to.  However, now with his new job, dinner will likely fall back to me (he used to work 5:00am-1:00pm so he had more time to cook dinner - now he's off at 5:00pm).

So - what are some of the best things to cook in bulk - and do you have details/recipes/etc.?

Quoting MixedCooke:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Some things get better the longer you wait such as chili, soups and stew. Shepherds pie and pastas can make a lot. You can make a large salad to last a few days. You could also cook a lot of chicken that can be used in different meals like on salad, in pasta, on sandwiches, etc.

Quoting the3Rs:

I've always wanted to try this, but DH does the cooking, and he never wanted to.  However, now with his new job, dinner will likely fall back to me (he used to work 5:00am-1:00pm so he had more time to cook dinner - now he's off at 5:00pm).

So - what are some of the best things to cook in bulk - and do you have details/recipes/etc.?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

REview the morning schedule with your younglings the night before, and keep them updated with the time in the morning, countdown the minutes.

Competative souls = make it a fun competition to see who can be waiting in the car first.

Pack the night before of course

Freeze waffles, muffins, mini egg quiches for quick breakfast.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Dinner everynight as a family, if you have to skip due to activities, re-convene prior to bed or sometime as a whole unit to connect perhaps for dessert (fruit) or a storytime.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

At least several times a week, tell your children specific instances when you were very proud to be their mother. Sometimes I get so busy, disciplining, working, cooking, cleaning........I want them to know I am always watching them...................

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I plan out my out-fits on Sunday, so I know laundry, ironing is done. Shoes are found, etc..... so my morning are a little less stressful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN