Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Having surgery next week

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

You may remember my post a few weeks ago about high blood pressure and being taken off the birth control pill, and how I was weighing my options.

I decided to just get the tubal and be done with it all. So that's happening on Monday. And while I think it's the best decision, I'm not excited. I'm really scared, and pretty sure I'm gonna die. I've never had ANYTHING before. My son was born and that's it. No broken bones, no stitches, still have my wisdom teeth and my tonsils and my appendix.....I've never had ANYTHING.......

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

awww, I am sorry, I hope it goes very uneventful. I think everyone is entitled to a little anxiety.

I am sure they will take VERY GOOD CARE of you, also just think of it like this, procedures are so common to the medical field, it's easy peasy for them. They are very good at them. Think about something you do at your job, repetatively that you are really GOOD at, weill, that's how good your provider will be. Let us know how it goes!!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I'm sure my dr is like superwoman doing this procedure. I'm just not real thrilled about anything medical, I don't like pain, I don't do blood AT ALL, and I'm a weenie :) So...we'll see how it goes!

Quoting Marti123:

awww, I am sorry, I hope it goes very uneventful. I think everyone is entitled to a little anxiety.

I am sure they will take VERY GOOD CARE of you, also just think of it like this, procedures are so common to the medical field, it's easy peasy for them. They are very good at them. Think about something you do at your job, repetatively that you are really GOOD at, weill, that's how good your provider will be. Let us know how it goes!!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Big decision! I'm sure it will go well just as Marti says!!!! I'll be thinking if you that day !!!
bluelace777
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM

You'll do just fine. Relax and try not to stress about it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I know how you're feeling. I felt the same way when I was scheduled to have my gall bladder out. I've never had any type of surgery before that (other than having my wisdom teeth out at 19).

Good luck with the procedure and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN