Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice/help. How to make it through new job pay delay

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 1 Replies

I was unexpectedly ladi off earlier this summer, but I was somehow able to keep it all together well enough. Now I have found a new job (which i LOVE) but it will be over a month before I get paid. (and I won't even get a large check, theres just a delay in getting it started.) I was able to get through the last few weeks on my husbands income, but we just aren't able to keep it together paying for childcare for two kids while I am not getting paid! 

The daycare has been working with us a little (not really much, but I understand), but we have to pay at least $225 in order for me to have child care for work week. I am at a loss. I have literally no money right now and I have a past due water bill that I'm not sure what I'll do about at this point (I'm hoping to land a babysitting gig or something this weekend). Anyone been through this?

I did start a gofundme site, but I'm too embaressed to share it with anyone. My close friends know what is going on, and they really aren't in a position to help me at this time anyway.. 

Just in case, here is a link. http://www.gofundme.com/czzhoc

Could use any advice, or just support!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bluelace777
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Sell plasma, sell things around your house, check the gigs section of craigslist, pawn something, use the food bank.

Good luck. You will figure it out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)