Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Shoes

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM
  • 12 Replies
4 moms liked this
And $245 later all 3 boys have new shoes for school, oldest also has a new pair of cross country shoes, and DH has new dress shoes for his new job. Only one left out was me - waah! lol

Thank goodness Rogans had a buy one get one 1/2 off sale!
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Pretty good shopping mom!! We just got cross country shoes at the outlets in Maine this week on our way home from VT .. I still have to get ds12 a pair of tennies as his Vans are worn out but he wasn't feeling well and couldn't be bothered to shop
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM

That's great. Boo on you not getting new shoes though. I finally got a new pair of work shoes after needing them for months lol. Thankfully I don't have to buy DS any shoes for school since a friend of mine has twins that are a year older than DS and she gave me 8 pairs of shoes as well as a new wardrobe of clothes.

ljmom24
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Dh got the boys shoes at a bogo sale at famous footwear BUT he ignored my objection to chucks. He is obsessed with these shoes but they have no support. Ods had a pair last wear and complained non stop about foot pain until in tossed them and got home a more supportive pair so now I need to get him another pair. Maybe if he switches off it won't cause as many foot issues but I need new dress shoes for work so going back to the bogo.
SparklyCoffee
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:33 AM

We just did the same thing this weeked! 3 pairs of shoes and 3 hair cuts later and this mama is broke! Oh, I also picked up a couple more clothing items for my daughter. 7th grade is no joke I guess. HAHA. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Shoes are terribly expensive. But if you managed 5 pairs for that, I'd say you did good! :) except you should have gotten yourself some too
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:03 PM
I hear you about the chucks... glad ds stopped liking them --

Quoting ljmom24: Dh got the boys shoes at a bogo sale at famous footwear BUT he ignored my objection to chucks. He is obsessed with these shoes but they have no support. Ods had a pair last wear and complained non stop about foot pain until in tossed them and got home a more supportive pair so now I need to get him another pair. Maybe if he switches off it won't cause as many foot issues but I need new dress shoes for work so going back to the bogo.
MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Ouch! I lucked out bc I happened to notice a sale on shoes the other day while I was shopping for other things. Both my kids needed new shoes. Only spent 40 bucks altogether! 

Now my husband just told me he needs new shoes. I won't get off with such a great deal on him. haha. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Boys shoes are so expensive.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM
My youngest son is all set with shoes and sneakers for now. He's 5 and way easier to shop for. My oldest son is 13 and wears men size footwear. I haven't gotten him any new sneakers yet. I guess I'm hoping for a super sale on labor day.
amomof2sons
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM

My sons are simple to buy shoes for,in and out.They are not picky at all for shoes.Went on Saturday,under $41.00.My work boots,steel toed work boots I don't buy cheap and learned my lesson on.The cheap work boots don't last very long and hurt my feet.I wear a pair of $260.00 steel toed work boots that are comfortable to wear and don't hurt my feet at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN