Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you like to work?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM
  • 19 Replies

I teach at a university and am off in the summer. I am also in a Phd program so I had schoolwork but no work.  For the last two weeks, I have been feeling very depressed. I was ready to go to the doctor. Well, this week they needed me at work so I went in for a couple of days, cleaned up my office, etc. 

I feel fantastic getting back into it.  I feel like I new person. I realize that I really do enjoy what I do and I never want to stop working. Financially, I do not need to work.

I sah when my girls were babies (worked 2 weekends a month) and enjoyed my time with them. However, I never loved it.

Thoughts or experiences?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been at my job for 13 years. When I first started there, I LOVED it. I would tell my mom all the time how much I LOVE LOVE LOVED my boss (in a non sexual way). Even though I never wanted to work, as a single mom, I knew I had no choice, so I didn't mind working. Now that I HAAAATE my job, I hate the fact that I have to work, but I am grateful for a job. Maybe if I worked someplace different, I wouldn't mind working.
Of course my dream is to win mega millions and never have to work again.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I will always work, even if I married a millionaire. I like to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I've been a sahm, a work from home mom, and a work outside the home mom I love working really. I love my job my coworkers my boss ---in some ways its like a mini vacation lol .. I anticipate that even when I retire from regular work I will have a partime job somewhere or Ill volunteer more
Debmomto2girls
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

So would I.....I am no good at home..lol.

Quoting calsmom62: I've been a sahm, a work from home mom, and a work outside the home mom I love working really. I love my job my coworkers my boss ---in some ways its like a mini vacation lol .. I anticipate that even when I retire from regular work I will have a partime job somewhere or Ill volunteer more

michiganmom116
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoyed being a SAHM, but I like working too.  I enjoy accomplishing a project/goal/job and being appreciated for what I've done.  Work is my break from the tediousness of being home.  DH hates the fact that I like working and that I feel that being home is MORE work than what I have at work. 

Debmomto2girls
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I stink at being at home.  I do not have a domestic bone in my body.  My dh always knew this about me.  I liked being home with the girls but I am more productive when I worked.  He is great about me working and going to school..I'm lucky because I could not have handled all of this if he wasn't on board.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I enjoyed being a SAHM, but I like working too.  I enjoy accomplishing a project/goal/job and being appreciated for what I've done.  Work is my break from the tediousness of being home.  DH hates the fact that I like working and that I feel that being home is MORE work than what I have at work. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE my job, but I do wish I could step away more to spend time with my boys while they are young. But if I had a job with fewer hours and less responsibility, then I wouldn't have THIS job and I love THIS job...not just any job. I don't love to work at things that don't challenge me. I do love to work when there is challenge, a goal, a deadline and few who can meet it.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I'll never know for sure, with 3 kiddos now I have to work. I think I could be content at this point in my life just cooking, crafting, organizing, shopping, "taxi" driving and volunteering. I think I would still be very happy.
barefootNky113
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I love to work. I can not stand sitting at home. I go crazy and stuff my face out of boredom haha. I work 12 hour shifts. Three days a week. And I usually pick up two extra 8's thought the week.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I would love to be a sahm but sadly that's not happening anytime soon. I don't like my current job but I'm hoping to get back into school to find something I will actually enjoy doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN