Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

bad dog!

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
Yesterday, I got a bill for 700 from a collection agency saying it was from an MRI my son had in February. I'd never received a bill for that from them and paid the rest of the bills in the spring. I had no idea there I owed anything! That makes the MRI cost nearly a grand after insurance!

Then, my son brings me his brother's hearing aid, chewed up and spit out by my dog. I can't find the other one anywhere, or the ear molds. She must have pulled them off the counter and eaten them. That's going to be over a grand to replace - we get one replacement each and my father already lost one earlier this year when he took the kids downtown, so we'll have to buy one brand new.

This is such a bad time for these bills! My husband took extra classes this summer that I'm still working on paying off and I just spent a fortune on back to school stuff with Christmas shopping and next semester's bill right around the corner. Can I just sit in the corner and cry?
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM
/ \
l_____l here is a box of tissues when it rains it pours can you do a payment plan for the hearing aids???
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM

((HUGS))

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Hugs!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hugs. That sucks! I hope you get it figured out soon.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Yes, you may cry!  I am sorry so much has come up at once.  Leave the bill already in collection until you have the other stuff straightened out.  You will pay it soon!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I am so sorry. I cannot believe they turned the medical bill over to collections already!! That sucks. 

I understand feeling like crying. I

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Actually, no. It's not covered by insurance (because apparently it isn't a necessary medical procedure) and so payment is expected in full before they can be ordered.

I am going to try to shop around instead of going straight through his ENT's office. Perhaps that'll give me a better price.

Quoting calsmom62: / \ l_____l here is a box of tissues when it rains it pours can you do a payment plan for the hearing aids???

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Yeah, I am asking for a statement from the hospital saying I owe that amount - I never got one. That'll at least postpone payment for another few weeks.

Quoting deccaf:

Yes, you may cry!  I am sorry so much has come up at once.  Leave the bill already in collection until you have the other stuff straightened out.  You will pay it soon!

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I know, and my past experience has shown me that hospitals are pretty stellar at keeping up with collections. I don't know how I haven't seen a thing about this until now! 

Quoting Marti123:

I am so sorry. I cannot believe they turned the medical bill over to collections already!! That sucks. 

I understand feeling like crying. I

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Your insurance company, while not covering it, may offer discounts for certain types Harvard Pilgrim does, I know

Quoting MindPalace:

Actually, no. It's not covered by insurance (because apparently it isn't a necessary medical procedure) and so payment is expected in full before they can be ordered.

I am going to try to shop around instead of going straight through his ENT's office. Perhaps that'll give me a better price.

Quoting calsmom62: / \
l_____l here is a box of tissues when it rains it pours can you do a payment plan for the hearing aids???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)