Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

#OfficeLife

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

The office manager got me a new keyboard last week because I accidentally broke my spacebar key several months ago while cleaning my old one. Now my key strokes are smooth and quiet instead of disjointed and clackity. It's the little things that make my day. haha!

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM

My keyboard has decided it wants to skip letters and spaces.  I changed by batteries and it's still not working right.  Can I have a new one, too?

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Ahhh, that sounds more peaceful.

I just got office 2013!
MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I was so mad that I broke the spacebar of all keys on my last one. I sounded like an angry typist all the time because the only way I could get it to work was to slam on one side of the bar. haha. 

Maybe you can get lucky like me! ; )

Quoting deccaf:

My keyboard has decided it wants to skip letters and spaces.  I changed by batteries and it's still not working right.  Can I have a new one, too?

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Ooh, nice! I'm still on 2010! eeek! haha.

Quoting Marti123: Ahhh, that sounds more peaceful. I just got office 2013!

KenneMaw
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM

It really is the little things, isn't it?  :-)   

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I'll ask IT, he should do it pretty quicky.  I write his check.  Wouldn't want a missing #! 

Quoting MindPalace:

I was so mad that I broke the spacebar of all keys on my last one. I sounded like an angry typist all the time because the only way I could get it to work was to slam on one side of the bar. haha. 

Maybe you can get lucky like me! ; )

Quoting deccaf:

Visit Investors!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Mine has days where the space bar doesn't work like it should. I share it with the other shifts so there's no telling what gets stuck in there. I flip it over and shake out crumbs all the time. One lady on 3rd shift has a bad habit of painting her nails and getting polish all over. I hate having to share :(

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be SO IRRITATING. I'm a little particular about my desk. I have a coworker who gets into my drawer all the time for stamps. I have no problem giving them to her, but STAY OUT OF MY DRAWERS!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Mine has days where the space bar doesn't work like it should. I share it with the other shifts so there's no telling what gets stuck in there. I flip it over and shake out crumbs all the time. One lady on 3rd shift has a bad habit of painting her nails and getting polish all over. I hate having to share :(

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I have a cabinet that I keep my papers and snacks in. I used to keep a set of silverware, a bowl and some paper plates in there but one of my coworkers ran off with my silverware and half of my paper plates. Now I just keep a couple things in there and drag everything else with me back and forth to work

Quoting MindPalace:

That would be SO IRRITATING. I'm a little particular about my desk. I have a coworker who gets into my drawer all the time for stamps. I have no problem giving them to her, but STAY OUT OF MY DRAWERS!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Looks different, doesnt it???

Quoting Marti123: Ahhh, that sounds more peaceful.

I just got office 2013!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN