Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

panic attack!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
I go back to work (necessity- I make more and insurance comes from my job) in 6 days and I am trying to get everything prepared for taking my little man to daycare. My heart starts aching and the tears start welling at just the thought of not being with him! I don't know if I'm feeling selfish for having to go back to work to a job I enjoy, cover bills, or if I'm feeling selfish because I want to stay home when I can't! I have talked it out with my sweet husband - who understands my heartache but can't change our situation at this point in life... I don't know how to cope with this feeling! I know it's all about quality and not quantity time - but the closer it gets the more anxiety sets in! Any quotes or words of wisdom would be lovely :)
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You are such a good mom!! Doing what is best for your family even when your heart pulls at you. He will be fine in daycare and you will see him thrive and you will meet other moms who are going through similar conflicting feelings..
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

You have found the right group!  There is no judgement, and we have all been in that position of hvng to go back, whether we love the job or not.  Daycare is usually great, make sure yo stay on top of anything going on, though.  Keep pictures at work so you can see him whenever you want.  It is a hard transition, but enjoying what you do will make it easier.

mevans13
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies- I was raised by two working parents and never felt slighted, and I never thought I would have the desire to stay home until I met my beautiful little boy... glad I found a good group of understanding mommas!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I have 3 children and returned to work after all 3 were born. I'm not going to lie, it's tough especially the first few days/weeks. Slowly you'll get into a routine and it won't be so bad. I used a daycare center for all 3 of mine. The same center for my sons, and the ladies were amazing and I trusted them immensely. I am still friends with 2 of them on facebook and my youngest is now in 4th grade.

mevans13
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:43 AM
We stopped by and dropped stuff off at daycare today and went to target to get a couple things for me returning to work- and started to feel anxious. ..that's not me! I hate this feeling!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN