Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Cna??

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 3 Replies
Any cna's in here? Trying to figure out if it's a job that advances well in pay. I'm looking at getting my certification since my current jobs sucks.
by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I was a CNA fin the mid-90's prior to becoming a nurse. It is a very physically demanding job in many cases, many nursing homes used to be so desperate for CNA's they would pay and train for certifications. However as the job market has become more difficult, I think it does help to already be certified. 

Do you like caring for people? Are you very patient? Do you have a strong stomach to odors and a very strong healthy back and are physically fit? The pay can vary, and depending on where you are at, you get raises, could help supervise a little team. Move from long-term care to acute care, usually is a bump in pay as well. But over-all to significantly advance most CNA's go back to school to become nurses.

Good luck with the job search.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM
why don't you look into getting your Lpn at a community college or regional votech school...
fitnessfanatic7
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Average pay of a CNA is $10-14 and is very physically demanding. LPN's are rarely used anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN