Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been chilly!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

Well, chilly for San Diego!  My coconut oil (body, not cooking) has turned solid.  So How do I use it now?  It's thicker than lotion, so I need to figure out how to get it out of the container.  I may resort to sticking it in some hot water!

Visit Investors!

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Just stick a spoon in there and scoop some out. When you rub it on your hands, legs, where-ever you use it, your body heat will turn it liquid again but it still won't be runny. It will turn again when it gets warmer.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM

It's in a container that is intended to pour slowly.  Solid will not come out.  I'll have to put it in warm water to reliquify.  Or close the bathroom window.  I think it's kind of funny, since I figured it would have something in it to keep it liquid.  Guess the company takes natural seriously!  Love the company even more, now.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Just stick a spoon in there and scoop some out. When you rub it on your hands, legs, where-ever you use it, your body heat will turn it liquid again but it still won't be runny. It will turn again when it gets warmer.

Visit Investors!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM

The only way I've ever found to keep it actually liquid is to buy the fractionated coconut oil. Everything else turns solid at some point or another, for me anyway.

Stick it in the sink or a bowl of warm water - that ought to do it! :)

Quoting deccaf:

It's in a container that is intended to pour slowly.  Solid will not come out.  I'll have to put it in warm water to reliquify.  Or close the bathroom window.  I think it's kind of funny, since I figured it would have something in it to keep it liquid.  Guess the company takes natural seriously!  Love the company even more, now.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

deccaf
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Since it's kept in the bathroom, and I use it after I bathe, I'll just stick it in the tub before I get out.  Should work pretty well. 

Quoting adamsmom0116:

The only way I've ever found to keep it actually liquid is to buy the fractionated coconut oil. Everything else turns solid at some point or another, for me anyway.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Visit Investors!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Perfect! Sounds like a good plan! :)

Quoting deccaf:

Since it's kept in the bathroom, and I use it after I bathe, I'll just stick it in the tub before I get out.  Should work pretty well. 

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)