Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my freak out post - UPDATE

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 17 Replies

DH had a vasectomy 7 years ago but never went back to get it proven successful.

I have been on the pill for 20 years, minus the 11 months we ttc, was pregnant, etc...I had a tubal in August this year. My dr removed about 1/2" of each of my tubes so there's a big gap in there. Had a period in September, one mid-October.....and nothing since.

I'm a little freaking out. Well, ok, A LOT freaking out. I am waiting until Saturday to take a pregnancy test, just because I can't do it in the morning before work - no time, plus, if it's positive I think I'll die. I do NOT want to be pregnant again! I do NOT want another kid!

I'm hoping my body is just re-adjusting or whatever it needs to do. Everything I've read says that a tubal will NOT produce irregular periods.....but maybe after being on the pill for 20 years, my body needs to figure out what to do on it's own????

Calm me down please! I can't talk to anyone IRL about this.

UPDATE:

Took a pregnancy test on Saturday. Negative. BUT, still no period. My boobs have been sore for 3 days. SOMETHING has got to give!

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Here's hoping it's just coming off the hormones! I know the pill can and will do weird things when you go on, so it makes sense that it's doing odd things coming off, right?  Plus, with all the stuff going on (vasectomy, tubal ligation), if you ARE pregnant, this child was MEANT TO BE! Imagine what that sperm and egg had to do to meet!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Well, that's  not unheard of............our bodies delay & postpone ovulation due to stress and you were having quite a bit of stress with work and house stuff first part of November, so that is probably the culprit. You were just never used to changes in cycle due to being on the pill.

The chance of you being pregnant is SOOOO small. In fact, I have never heard of a tubal failing with that technique when done outside of the post-partum time frame. It's usually the ones done post-birth that have the greatest risk of failing. 

I hope that is comforting.  No matter what, you can vent to us. I've been there, and little Mae is just a delight. A spoiled little baby girl, who brings smiles and joy everyday. I have no doubt she had a purpose, including joining out family to help  my high needs son. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Thank you.

DH and I have had that same conversation - if I am pregnant, it has to be God's will with everything that egg and sperm had to go through.......But still......crossing fingers I'm not.

Quoting deccaf:

Here's hoping it's just coming off the hormones! I know the pill can and will do weird things when you go on, so it makes sense that it's doing odd things coming off, right?  Plus, with all the stuff going on (vasectomy, tubal ligation), if you ARE pregnant, this child was MEANT TO BE! Imagine what that sperm and egg had to do to meet!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Really? Is that part in red true? I've heard of a lot of tubal babies, but never the next step that considers the timing of the tubal. That does make me feel a bit better.

And yes, I've had a lot of stress lately, and it probably won't get better until spring. I never had regular periods before I got on the pill at 16, so I don't really know why I expect them to be regular NOW!

Thank you for the encouragement. I know you love your little Mae and the pictures you've shared with us are beyond adorable. And I guess if I do have another, I will deal with it, but I really hope I don't have to!

Quoting Marti123:

Well, that's  not unheard of............our bodies delay & postpone ovulation due to stress and you were having quite a bit of stress with work and house stuff first part of November, so that is probably the culprit. You were just never used to changes in cycle due to being on the pill.

The chance of you being pregnant is SOOOO small. In fact, I have never heard of a tubal failing with that technique when done outside of the post-partum time frame. It's usually the ones done post-birth that have the greatest risk of failing. 

I hope that is comforting.  No matter what, you can vent to us. I've been there, and little Mae is just a delight. A spoiled little baby girl, who brings smiles and joy everyday. I have no doubt she had a purpose, including joining out family to help  my high needs son. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Your questions made me go look it up, and NO.................. I am wrong completely remembering old facts from school, teeheehee, which is why maybe I shouldn't be giving advice on OB procedures, when I haven't practiced in that area for a while. BUt I am resoucesful, based on the most recent study,  I guess post-partum salpingectomies (removing part of the tube) are a little more effective than outside of the post-pregnancy time frame. Although both groups did better than those that were clipped post-partum.

In my internal medicine days I diganosed 1 pregnancy and helped cared for another due to cardiac issues, following tubals. both had their procedures done post-partum, BUT they were younger if I recall, younger  women, (not that you aren't young) but women <28 have greater risk of failure as well.

And your risk of pregnancy is still <0.01, lower considering the fact, your DH is most likely sterile too. So I bet: not pregnant  =)

Good luck with everything.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Really? Is that part in red true? I've heard of a lot of tubal babies, but never the next step that considers the timing of the tubal. That does make me feel a bit better.

And yes, I've had a lot of stress lately, and it probably won't get better until spring. I never had regular periods before I got on the pill at 16, so I don't really know why I expect them to be regular NOW!

Thank you for the encouragement. I know you love your little Mae and the pictures you've shared with us are beyond adorable. And I guess if I do have another, I will deal with it, but I really hope I don't have to!

Quoting Marti123:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Thanks, Marti. I'm really REALLY hopeful that I'm just being paranoid.  :)

Quoting Marti123:

Your questions made me go look it up, and NO.................. I am wrong completely remembering old facts from school, teeheehee, which is why maybe I shouldn't be giving advice on OB procedures, when I haven't practiced in that area for a while. BUt I am resoucesful, based on the most recent study,  I guess post-partum salpingectomies (removing part of the tube) are a little more effective than outside of the post-pregnancy time frame. Although both groups did better than those that were clipped post-partum.

In my internal medicine days I diganosed 1 pregnancy and helped cared for another due to cardiac issues, following tubals. both had their procedures done post-partum, BUT they were younger if I recall, younger  women, (not that you aren't young) but women <28 have greater risk of failure as well.

And your risk of pregnancy is still <0.01, lower considering the fact, your DH is most likely sterile too. So I bet: not pregnant  =)

Good luck with everything.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting Marti123:

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM
((((hugs ))))!!!!!
I had a similar scare this past month and im in my fifties. two months w/out a period and suddenly I had all early preg symptoms.. took at least four drugstore tests diff brands and different times... my youngest kid is 13!!! Commonsense said it was perimenopause but the other symptoms had me going crazy!!! Finally good old AF showed up with a vengeance... Never have I been so freaked out.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Ugh! It is soooo stressful which I know just makes it worse. Glad yours finally showed up. Dh is 49. I have ss' s who are 21, 19, 17 sd who is 15, and ds turns 9 next month. Im done! I want to be done! Can I stomp my feet now ?! :)

Quoting calsmom62: ((((hugs ))))!!!!!
I had a similar scare this past month and im in my fifties. two months w/out a period and suddenly I had all early preg symptoms.. took at least four drugstore tests diff brands and different times... my youngest kid is 13!!! Commonsense said it was perimenopause but the other symptoms had me going crazy!!! Finally good old AF showed up with a vengeance... Never have I been so freaked out.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Stomp away!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that its stress and hormones....

Quoting adamsmom0116: Ugh! It is soooo stressful which I know just makes it worse. Glad yours finally showed up. Dh is 49. I have ss' s who are 21, 19, 17 sd who is 15, and ds turns 9 next month. Im done! I want to be done! Can I stomp my feet now ?! :)

Quoting calsmom62: ((((hugs ))))!!!!!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Here's to hoping you're not. Like the other ladies have said the change in your hormones could be messing with your period.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)