Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Have you started? Are you done? What exciting things are you giving this year?

I am making DH an appt for a massage. He is off the week between Christmas and New Years so scheduled it for then.

No clue what to get ss1. He's military and 4 states away. Gift card? IDK.

ss2 wants a suit so DH is going to take him shopping for that

ss3 recorded and copyrighted a cd. That's his birthday (October) and Christmas present.

sd wants boots and a ring, both of which she wants to pick out so I guess she'll be unwrapping magazine pics of those items

DS wants Legos and a stocked tool box.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I am DONE!  I have been since early October.  Steph is getting an art easel that sit on the table, an Elsa head for hair dressing, a fashion plate toy (rub a crayon against the plates and cute dresses appear on the paper.  A camera (pink digital), a few other things.

She also said she was going to ask Santa for a doll that looks like her and has her kind of hair.  So to the American Girl website I went.  I have ordered the cutest doll (brown hair, blue eyes, with freckles).  I have also ordered glasses for her.

by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Dh is done. I got him a tool he wanted and nice underarmer gloves for work.

Kids dh ordered some stuff last night but we have next friday off so will finish then
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM

OMG, i went to Toys R Us today after a work site visit, and I am exhausted. What a nightmare and why did I wait soooo long. UGH!!

No I am not really done. I have 3 nephews left. And I feel like my ODS really doesn't have equivalent packages compared to the fun stuff the younger one is getting. 

I don't know, I gotta sort through everything. I think we should have 5 packages for the kids a piece.

by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM

We've got a new kindle for DD. she currently has my original, and you can't get freetime for it, so I want to be able to limit her video watching, and the old one is three years old, it'll be nice to have a backup for travel when we might not be able to charge or something. I also got her a case for it, we have an injecting foam one for her current one and it's GREAT! but I couldn't find one for the latest model, so I hope I like the one I got. She's also getting a Moxie Girl Poopsy Pet Panda ;) (yeah, I spelled it right!) and then she picked out a diary at her school book fair but I didn't want to buy it for her there, but I think I'll get her one for Christmas. Oh and some stocking stuffers from Ulta, some makeup (she's DYING to have some, eventho she's only 6 and I wear none) and some little nail polishes :) 

DH? Heavens knows what he really wants. He mentioned a smart watch, but then said "better ones are a year or two out". Fine, more than I Wanted to spend. We're going to DisneyWorld with my family in January, 3 weeks after Christmas. I kinda thought we'd just wait and spend a little money there instead of exchanging gifts that are things we just don't need. I told him my new phone was what I really wanted for Christmas, just came early. I then said a new jelly roll pan and maybe a half-size one too, but then I bought some at Big Lots that will do well. So yeah, I want nothing and he's awful to buy for. whatever I figure out to get, he buys for himself a week before Christmas!

Family? UGH! I had a few things picked out on Zulily a few weeks ago, before my year's unlimited shipping ran out, and he nixed a few. I wanted to get our oldest nephew these water-bomb things. yes, a summer gift. but his birthday is in Fall, so when would YOU get him a gift that is summery? I'm still kinda mad about that because then I decided not to get the two items for the other two older ones. Then there's the 7 month old, no clue and then there will be a week old, yeah, no idea at all. I don't want to spend a ton of money, I was looking forward to having a few out of the way and he ruined it for me. HIS birthday is in June, so he would never think about when kids with birthday not in spring or summer would get gifts that are more geared towards summer. ~sigh~ ooh, sorry, that became a big vent! LOL

by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Today I picked up some of the town's athletic wear for ds16 as stocking stuffers. . Bought some little things to send adult kids. Found cute handmade notecards at the holiday fair but I think they are mine lol. I bought some tickets or some different events for the kids and will be getting tix to Celtic Woman for dh..
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM

i am about 3/4 done and 1/2 wrapped. I need to finish buying this week! 

by Group Admin on Dec. 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I'm done with my immediate family and my parents. Still need to buy for in-laws and nephews.

We are getting nearly everything on the kids' list which is so fun to be able to do. But we always also get them something they never asked for or expected as well.
by Melissa on Dec. 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I'm done with DS. I still have to get for my niece and nephews. DS also drew one of his cousin's name so I get to find something for them lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)