Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rough Day Yesterday. : (

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

My company is in a flux and no one really knows what's going on next year. My very untactful boss gave me some rumored information which would be great for her, but terrible for me. Why she told me, I have no idea. She should have just kept it to herself. Of course it made me self conscious and low. 

Then, I got an email saying an event at my son's school going on today had to be moved up 2 hours, from 1 pm to 11 am. I was going to go, but I can't leave work that early. I had to tell my son I was going to miss it and he was so sad that he started to cry. He had been talking about it all week. I just feel awful. He understood, and said he could hang out with his friend whose mom was going, but it breaks my heart that I have to miss it when I told him I'd be able to go. I wish they didn't move the time! 

Some days are just a little rough. : (

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM

So sorry!  I am not looking forward to having to choose which events I can go to!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I'm so sorry. It is awful to know your child is in tears and be unable to leave an already "yucky" situation to comfort him.

Take a deep breath about the work junk and then just exhale and *blow it away*. You are looking for alternatives. THat damn commute and place sucks enough of your valuable time and energy away from you as it is. Don't let the rumor take even more emotional thought; your job deserves none of that. Be strong and mindful. 

I hope this is a better day and the week-end is full of laughter and smiles = )

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I feel so bipolar in this job search. Some days I think I have a fabulous resume and any company would be priviledged to have me. Other days I wonder if I have grossly overestimated my ability. Confidence has never been my strong suit. 

Quoting Marti123:

I'm so sorry. It is awful to know your child is in tears and be unable to leave an already "yucky" situation to comfort him.

Take a deep breath about the work junk and then just exhale and *blow it away*. You are looking for alternatives. THat damn commute and place sucks enough of your valuable time and energy away from you as it is. Don't let the rumor take even more emotional thought; your job deserves none of that. Be strong and mindful. 

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2014 at 10:06 PM
According to some articles I have read over the years, women in general tend to feel they are over estimating their abilities/ skills/ talents/ worth. Men tend toward the opposite side of pendulum and are more confident about asking for raises, promotions, etc.

Quoting MindPalace:

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I feel so bipolar in this job search. Some days I think I have a fabulous resume and any company would be priviledged to have me. Other days I wonder if I have grossly overestimated my ability. Confidence has never been my strong suit. 

Quoting Marti123:

KenneMaw
by Member on Dec. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Sorry.  It is so hard to balance home and work sometimes.   Having to pick work over my child is so painful, but at times (luckily not very often), it has to be done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)