Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hope it was a one-time thing

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM
  • 8 Replies

School nurse called at 5 til 8 this morning. I've got a puker. GREEEEEAAAAT.

So, work from home day. With month-end, quarter-end, and year-end......I cannot take a day off. But, it's my turn. It's been my turn to stay home for the last several times now and I've always had something going on so DH has stayed home.

I'm very grateful to have a job that allows me to work at home when I need to.

I'm also very thankful that ds doesn't appear to be too ill. He says he feels mostly ok. So that's good. Hopefully whatever was in there got out and we're done now. Fingers crossed. Poor kiddo.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I know that feeling!  It's usually me taking the day since DH has a hard time even scheduling time off.  I, too, am lucky to take her with me or work from home when necessary. 

I hope all is well and he just had a bit of an upset tummy.  Good luck on no puke cleanups today!

BTW, I also know all about the month end, quarter end, year end circus.  Doing the same over here!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Thankfully, our fiscal year-end is 9/30, so that part is over. I'm just mainly dealing with closing the calendar year and then w2's, 1099's, and k1's. Good times over here! WHOO!!

And, really, not much working happening right now. I should probably get off CM and do some work! ;)

Quoting deccaf:

I know that feeling!  It's usually me taking the day since DH has a hard time even scheduling time off.  I, too, am lucky to take her with me or work from home when necessary. 

I hope all is well and he just had a bit of an upset tummy.  Good luck on no puke cleanups today!

BTW, I also know all about the month end, quarter end, year end circus.  Doing the same over here!

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM

i hate that! and you just never know with kids if they're really sick or if something is just passing over them for a minute or if they're exaggerating. glad it sounds like he's recovered quickly.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Aw...hope he's all better soon!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hey! You're a group admin now too! :)

He is much better now, thankfully.

Quoting the3Rs:

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM

I hope he starts to feel better and that you are able to get some work done.  All employers should give parents sick days for their kids.

harvytriny
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly Nina, We Really Need That For The Sake Of Our Children' Health And Safety.
Quoting ninamsi:

I hope he starts to feel better and that you are able to get some work done.  All employers should give parents sick days for their kids.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Why yes I am!  :)

Glad to hear he's better!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Hey! You're a group admin now too! :)

He is much better now, thankfully.

Quoting the3Rs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)